Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The L67 Ute

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Got my roof lining back from the trimmer..... wrong bloody shade! they did it in Light Grey not Charcoal Grey or Solid Grey.
Looks kinda crap with a light grey lining and dark grey everywhere else, sun visors, plastic trims, seats, floor, door cards...
Was $100 to do, was quoted originally $75, they told me it was $120 on pick up, i told the lady to F Off which didn't help negotiations but i got it for $100.
(pic was taken in dark garage so quality is crap)

I have a spare roof lining i was thinking of taking back to be redone in a Darker Grey, then switch it into the Blue Ute.

20210418_141231.jpg

Reactions: Lex

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Finally got around to advertising my VZ which sold pretty quick and got a few bills out of the way...
vz sv6.jpg

So now it's time to get back on track with this build...

First off i needed a new Battery, Supercheap had a special on so i grabbed a 68MF one for the Ute $190

SCA_602501_hi-res.jpg

Next i will be finishing the front bumper off a started a few pages back and getting ready for a blue slip

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
What is that yellow thing?

Reactions: Lex

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Being a bit naughty but i took the Ute for a drive (unregistered) been sitting for almost 2 yrs so i wanted to top up the fuel next door at the garage and a little run down the road, couldn't resist.... blows a trans line and loose about 4ltr of fluid on the road, smoke bellowing out...

Lucky for me a only went to a friends place a few blocks away to show off the Ute, he noticed a split line which we fixed with proper high pressure hose. It had a piece of radiator hose on it FFS! Not sure how that came to be but it's fixed now... Let it cool down fixed it and all gears are smooth after a top up.

Got it home parked it up to see it any leaks the next day.... well we degreased it and washed it to get the fluid off the paint before bring it home, so next day comes and there is drops everywhere, not from the leak but from the under body of the Ute lol, looks at it and walks away till tomorrow and i will clean it up. On a side note the Ute did drive nice for the short run i had in it.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Well i finally got the Ute back together again, been using it as a donor car for everything else, new battery went to my brother as his died and need one in a hurry, starter motor went to the blue work Ute as did the computer for testing, wheels and tyres went on the VU Ute lol not much left to strip.

So put it all back together to day and got it running yay, got 4 new tyres for the spare set of VF SV6 Wheels i have here. Still have not finished the wheels as i started taking the clear off and polishing them but only got 1 done... new battery as well....

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Well i finally got the Ute back together again, been using it as a donor car for everything else, new battery went to my brother as his died and need one in a hurry, starter motor went to the blue work Ute as did the computer for testing, wheels and tyres went on the VU Ute lol not much left to strip.

So put it all back together to day and got it running yay, got 4 new tyres for the spare set of VF SV6 Wheels i have here. Still have not finished the wheels as i started taking the clear off and polishing them but only got 1 done... new battery as well....
This sounded like a lot of fun... You seem to have the room for this which makes you very lucky... Sweet looking ute and have always loved the VR-VS body style...

Last edited: