Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The L67 Ute

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Nice little whine there mate. I like how the stock charger can still run from a Mace CAI. Is there any benefit from having a stainless pipe as opposed to a plastic one?

I think the stainless/alloy pipe would conduct more cold air than a plastic pipe, hence more power.
It came with a long pipe about 250mm longer and Pod filter, it had more of a whine to it due to more colder air funneling through the straight pipe.
Now I've added a few more bends it has brought the whine sound down a bit

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I wrapped mine in heat shield tape. Definitely cooler by a few degrees.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Just scored a front VZ Style bumper
A mate picked up this ol beast for a few hundred, been sitting for 5 yrs so the paint is shitty, The rest seems ok, elect windows, new tyres, kenwood stereo, not much to rego it that i can see. So i got him to part with the front spoiler with a bit of bartering, will need a clean n paint but should look good on my ute with the Monaro bonnet.

20200523_100600.jpg

Here is a pic of what it will look like eventually with monaro bonnet and VZ spoiler.

post-198549-1280475352174285634.jpg

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Done a pre fit making sure everything lines up right before i get it painted white with black grills.
Should have the bonnet ready soon and got the door handles to paint all at same time.

20200607_161951.jpg

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Thought i would see if my Vertini Wheels off the VZ would fit on the VS
They are 245/35/19, well i was surprised but they did fit on the front with about 3mm from the strut.
Only problem some ass wipe has put a knife into one of the tyres so i had to put the original wheels back on and get another tyre next week, not happy $120 a tyre with only a few hundred klm's off it.

20200608_102123.jpg

I think the wheels will look good on the ute.
I intend to sell the VZ not far away so swapping the wheels on it is no biggy
Also got to paint those calipers red, they look boring original colour.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Did you piss someone off? Who the **** would randomly do that to just one tyre?

I let someone move in...turns out their an ice head...evicted them...notice flat tyre...cant prove anything...get over it and move on to better things...

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Was / still slightly thinking of them for my monaro.
I don't mind the Simmons FRs but every man and his dog has them.
The vertini are a more mat gold and with a different profile = they really are a nice wheel =better than the Simmons because they are everywhere.

whiskeytango

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII 5.0
Was / still slightly thinking of them for my monaro.
I don't mind the Simmons FRs but every man and his dog has them.
The vertini are a more mat gold and with a different profile = they really are a nice wheel =better than the Simmons because they are everywhere.

FRs have always been my favorite wheels but I agree. They are just flogged everywhere since they got sold and went cheap as chips.
Such a shame. Vertinis aren't even in their league I don't reckon. Don't get me wrong they're not bad just not for me. I would prefer them over my currents any day lol.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeah just being looking at photos/ posts of my monaro and visually wondering whether white centres and ghost grey outer rims ( dam I just can't decide )probably need Simmons = also helps go as wide as possible = 3 piece