Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The L67 Ute

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
I have a bucket list of things for the ute, White F5 Simmons were on the list but as you guys said they so common i have gone off the idea
Hence why i wanted to see if they would fit on the ute, something different

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Got the bumper off ready to start sanding it down, on the front you have a 2 vent/fog light holes to which i would like to add fog lights.
20200612_182524.jpg

On the inside you have a hole with a tab on it, it look like the light would attach to it some how
Can someone enlighten me as to how they attach or which would be the correct lights to get for it.
20200612_182537.jpg

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Got the Ute back yesterday from the Auto Elec (whom had it 3 weeks before looking at it)
Runs great now, no black smoke idles properly...So i took it for it's first real run where i could open it up and see how it went. Quite surprised how well it went as in power and performance.

Rego was due as well so i thought i would get a blue slip lol, knocked my back on a list of things... Blue Parker Lights had to be changed, No fiberglass bonnet, knocked the motor conversion back saying can't have a L67 in a VS Ute (which i have checked and is ok to have) leaky brake caliper which is brand new, just a little residue on the line from bleeding but no leak. Lots of little things and he didn't even get it on the hoist. Not happy Jan!

I know a little late but you can call your states rego authority and request an audit on your rego.
I just tell the guys doing mine they're wrong and call such and such at tech standards. I used to have my stamp too much hassle so I let it expire.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
They knocked my back on a few legit things but a lot of legal things were knocked back which is where i was pissed off because they didn't know.
Fiberglass Bonnet = legal in NSW
L67 Motor they said never came out till VT so can't do it.
Exhaust rubbing on cross member they said was a steering rack knock, put a spacer in and fixed it.
Leaking Brakes = just bleed brakes had small residue on wheel, wiped it off in store.
There were a heap of things i just can't remember at the moment.

Been over the ute now and it's 100% ready for blue slip.
I'm just doing what i can for now to finish off everything else off....

I was going to take it further but couldn't be stuffed with it, just go somewhere else....

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Bumper sanded and primed ready for paint but got to wait a bit so i can get the monaro bonnet done in the background and painted at same time.
Really liking the look it's getting....
front.jpg

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Bumper painted and back on, just need to tighten it up...
Will start work on the Monaro bonnet tomorrow, hope to have it ready by the weekend.
20200902_094659.jpg

20200902_094719.jpg

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Nice, but !!!!!!!
Needs some decent side skirts = eg clubsport = maybe vt style, and a vr maloo rear bumper =( that was a backwards = cost cutting = going to a standard vs ute rear bumperettes for the vs onwards rear).

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Nice, but !!!!!!!
Needs some decent side skirts = eg clubsport = maybe vt style, and a vr maloo rear bumper =( that was a backwards = cost cutting = going to a standard vs ute rear bumperettes for the vs onwards rear).

I will prob go with the Monaro style side skirts, with the 3 slots in them.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Is that the hsv coupe style ones? Pretty sure !