Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The L67 Ute

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
I sooooo want to do a custom/ streetmachine vr/vs ute= l can see exactly what I want = something stupid but most ( uninformed )would go oh hang on it's a vs ute with a body kit!!!

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yeah even with stock size wheels lowered or going bigger tyres they'll rub on inner guard.

I'm doing vl wagon diff + 15x7 chasers 255/60/15 or 215/70/15 which will rub on inside & sit very high hence some sort of tub modification.

If I was doing something to stand out would be the Showtime tub kit or larger round tubs,narrowed diff with deep dish simmons or something.

Quotes I've heard were around 1k with 1 week time frame...want to have a go do most of mine then get panelbeater workmate to finish it off for me but I'm trying to keep stock looking shitebox theme.

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
They do look nice..
Sorry I'm a metal worker so those look fairly easy.
I'd rather the more stockish look even in the tub= cut and extend/ and an factory looking infill.
Having said that would love to pump all 4 guards and yessss deep dish Simmons, keep them at 18s but yes fat as at the back , twin exhaust but not out wide but close into tne center

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Know I could do it myself just won't get the level of finish that I want...then I'd have to do it again untill it's just right or it would annoy me forever.

Just have more patience doing mechanical/electrical work vs paint/panel + can't weld for shite haha

Do like the larger rounded style tubs with EE anti-roll bar kit etc just rather not go overboard or customised on this one & use as much factory parts as possible.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
I'd rather the more stockish look even in the tub= cut and extend/ and an factory looking infill.
Having said that would love to pump all 4 guards and yessss deep dish Simmons, keep them at 18s but yes fat as at the back , twin exhaust but not out wide but close into tne center

Pumped guards, center exhaust, fats....sounds like me m8's hatch lol.

20191105_185232.jpg

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Oil for the Supercharger turned up today, so i figured i would have a go at doing it.

20201111_132823.jpg

First thing is to get the old oil out, someone mentioned using a spray bottle to suck it out, so i will give that way a go ..... well that seemed to have worked fine, nice and easy just spray it back into the empty bottle so there is no mess

20201111_130628.jpg

20201111_130608.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I did that to clean out the coolant dribble from the hollow in the manifold where the thermo housing weeps. Pour a bit of water in and suck it out with soap pump dispenser.

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
Great thread man.
I just bought an L67 VS ute today.

Googled commodore vs forum and here I am :)

I pick up the car on Tuesday and guess I'll make a thread similar to this one, will be doing a bit of work to it over time, so I've got a record of it's progress.
Cheers

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Great thread man.

I pick up the car on Tuesday and guess I'll make a thread similar to this one, will be doing a bit of work to it over time, so I've got a record of it's progress.
Cheers
Good on you Pete, and welcome to the Forum :)

Yes, a build thread is great for keeping record of your progress. I have 2 going at the moment and they have been helpful for myself, as well as entertaining for others.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Great thread man.

Cheers

Hi Pete, yes still work in progress lol.
Good the hear you picked up a ute with the L67, yes need to show us some pics (we all love pic's)
Remember the VR-VS Section for any questions on the ute....
Oh i see your from the Goldy, im at Tweed Heads just down the road...