Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The "last Moran" shot dead

badaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VX S
How does the saying go "If you live by the sword you will die by the sword". I'm sorry if you dont agree but a dead crook is a good crook.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
$500 says that carl williams dad george had something to do with it, i belive he got out the boob about a week or so ago.

Not out yet,this Sat or next.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
Should have shot the mother...

lol @ people who think this shouldn't make the news...this is Australia...you could almost say we idolise criminals here eg. Ned Kelly, Brandon Abbot (postcard bandit), Chopper to name a few.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
In the whole sceme of things Des was a minor player and i doubt it was directly related to what has been going on.
Its quite obvious he had enemies but who doesnt,his were just a bit more nutty than most.
Georgie Williams is a small fish in the ocean too,far from being as bad as his kids.
Id say there is now no doubt he will be coming home from Prison with a price on his head.
As BADAZ said,live by the sword die by the sword.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yeah it was a great TV show but it was written for entertainment value, not education. Most of it isn't too far from the truth but there are some things that are just plain wrong and of course a lot of things missing. This show is what I'd say most people base their facts on, but I'm sure books and the like have better info (not having read any on the subject myself)

Lol at vlv8vic...

Underbelly was actually in my opinion, a fair way off. It was rather loosely based on what "actually" happened. Most of what i have read from different authors is 98% the same, but the same scenes in Underbelly, varied a fair bit to what has been written. But yes, i agree, alot was missing in Underbelly.

Yeah and i said they were the main players years ago. We don't know who the main players are. We only know the Moran name because they used to hold the cards and managed to makes a royal mess of themselves.

Amen to that!!!! Pity some 'elitists' are living 15 years in the past :bow:

Hahaha, yep, i agree, they certainly maimed their entire family off didn't they. When i say "main players" i don't mean main players overall in the gangland wars, just as in (as you said) the ones who made a mess of themselves and ended up splashed all over the media.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
I think anyone with a bit of common sense would realise that the true "main players" are the ones that fly under the radar and don't get caught

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
it all seems to be popping up again there was the bloke that got shot in the lambo the other day too. it must have a cycle like the recession does. all good things must come to an end.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I think anyone with a bit of common sense would realise that the true "main players" are the ones that fly under the radar and don't get caught

Spot on dude, the ones all over the media and Underbelly, were the yahoo's who wanted to make big names for themselves so they could walk down the street and have people scared of them and so people would fear their names. And people wonder why they all got taken down.

As you said, the main players or smart ones, are still alive and well with bank accounts with nice figures in them. Not even the bloody Purana taskforce would know who they are. The only people who would know who they are, are either dead, or the same, flying under the radar.

it all seems to be popping up again there was the bloke that got shot in the lambo the other day too. it must have a cycle like the recession does. all good things must come to an end.

In my opinion, that bloke who was shot in the Lambo was just some wanker gino club owner with some young chick he was probably feeding drugs to for a root and had pissed the wrong person off at some point or another.

The actual "main players" fly under the radar for a reason. If they don't lay low, they get caught. If they get caught they go to jail or are killed. That's not going to do much for them really.