Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The "last Moran" shot dead

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
A man in his 60s, believed to be Desmond "Tuppence" Moran, has been shot dead in a suburban street in Melbourne.

Early reports suggest he had died by the time paramedics arrived at the scene outside a house in Union Road in Ascot Vale just after midday.

Police are yet to confirm the victim's identity but gangland identity Mick Gatto and several locals said it was Mr Moran.

"Someone called me this morning and told me he had been shot a number of times and was dead," Mr Gatto told AAP from overseas.

Police have cordoned off the area in Melbourne's inner north, while most shops nearby have closed their doors and pulled down shutters.

It is believed Mr Moran was shot outside a delicatessen.

A coroner's van is still at the scene with around six police cars at the busy shopping strip.

Police say no one has been arrested.

Mr Moran was known to be a regular at the Ascot Pasta and Deli Cafe where he would sit outside with friends drinking coffee.

In March this year Mr Moran was attacked in the same suburb as he sat in a car in his driveway.

He described himself as the "last Moran" and said he was not scared by the attack.

"I don't know (who did this)," he said.

"It might have something to do with the old gangland war."

Mr Moran is the brother of Lewis Moran and the uncle of Jason and Mark Moran, who were all killed in Melbourne's underworld war.

Lewis Moran was shot dead in front of horrified patrons in the front bar of the Brunswick Club in Sydney Road, Brunswick on March 31, 2004.

Jason Moran, 36, and associate Pasquale Barbaro, 40, were blasted repeatedly in the front seats of a van in the carpark of the Cross Keys Hotel in Essendon North, while five children watched from the back seat, on June 21, 2003.

Jason's half-brother Mark, also 36, was gunned down outside his home in nearby Aberfeldie on June 15, 2000, while facing drugs and firearms charges.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/5653029/last-moran-shot-dead/

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
Criminal families shouldnt even make the news IMO.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
True. The first Underbelly series was great, but as for the real life gangland members, i couldn't care less if they all die. Eye for an eye really. It's just good reading ;)

Criminals are criminals, no matter how famous they are or are made out to be.

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
$500 says that carl williams dad george had something to do with it, i belive he got out the boob about a week or so ago.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yeah, when Des Moran was shot at a few months back in his driveway, he reckons he had nothing to do with any of the gangland war in any way at all (which is a complete crock of ****) and had no idea who or why anyone would want to shoot him.

Bullshit. You can't be the brother and uncle of major underworld crime figures and not be involved in any form of illegal activity to do with the underworld and it's beings.

I think there is alot more to it than someone just wanting to kill the last Moran. I'm sure he had a few enemies.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
let them all kill themselves Gene pool has to stop sooner or later

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
One less criminal breathing. The world is a better place.

Juztin

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS UTE Auto
Nar nar The queen bee mother is left

Although she aint one for troubles.

Anyways at least it makes for an interesting piece of news

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
So this leaves Carl Williams, Tony Mockbell (or did he neck himself?) and Mick Gatto as the 3 main players who remain alive.

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
So this leaves Carl Williams, Tony Mockbell (or did he neck himself?) and Mick Gatto as the 3 main players who remain alive.

all of which should never make any news article again.
i still cant believe the whole thing has be glamourised, even going as far as making a TV series about the ****wits.