Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Sitting home in lockdown forever won't allow you to get those things ticked off your bucket list.
If memory serves me right, the covid antibodies you get from an infection do give you resistance to the new variants. A lot more than the vaccine alone does. Strange to think about the fact that to protect ourselves from Covid long term, we might need to get our jabs and go out and mingle and try to catch covid.
I don't think we're ever going to hear that on the news either.
If you are interested in refreshing that memory regarding reinfection with some up to date statistical information...

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
I believe you may be right.
I heard a radio announcer today talking about the inconsistency’s regarding lockdown measures, like how is it the kids can use the playgrounds but the kids can’t use the skate board parks, the building workers can continue but people can’t go to a gym etc, etc.
If anyone has any idea please enlighten us, because I’ve never heard one of our so called saviours explain these anomalies.
The medical experts give advice based on and developed from scientific facts.
The current politicians who are "in" develop and announce policies (rules) that they claim are 'based on' that medical advice but are actually more tempered and influenced by their political tribe's ideology and whatever financial cycle the electoral washing machine is currently on.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
The medical experts give advice based on and developed from scientific facts.
The current politicians who are "in" develop and announce policies (rules) that they claim are 'based on' that medical advice but are actually more tempered and influenced by their political tribe's ideology and whatever financial cycle the electoral washing machine is currently on.
Mmmm, I think you may be right.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
If you are interested in refreshing that memory regarding reinfection with some up to date statistical information...
[/URL][/URL]
Yes… and the following statement from the report is interesting:

Our case series indicate that previous COVID-19 exposure does not confer total immunity and that a second infection is possible. Therefore, individuals, regardless of history of prior infection, should continue to participate in mitigating the spread of infection by practicing social distancing and mask wearing. The findings also suggest that COVID-19 may continue to circulate in humans,12 even after achieving herd immunity through natural infection or vaccination.

Maybe someone should highlight the above to ScoMo cause his “coming out of the cave“ strategy may need some rework :rolleyes:

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Nothing different there really. As this is a novel coronavirus we have zero resistance to begin with. That's the benefit of the vaccine, it provides a significant resistance to the virus but not complete. Then when you catch the virus you build more resistance, assuming you're not immunocompromised. If you don't build sufficient resistance from the first infection you might catch it again and you will build increased resistance.
The article also says that 93.8% of cases had mild or Asymptomatic. Tell me again why we are sitting here hiding from this deadly virus?
2 people I know have died during the NSW Lockdown. Neither had Covid. Imagine that, dieing a prisoner in your own home because the government decided for you that it is too dangerous to go about your life due to a virus that gives little or no symptoms to 93% of the population.. Madness.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
I used to have a lot of respect for Avi and Rebel news presenting independent views on topics but this is really disappointing. Complains about mainstream media tactics then proceeds to use mainstream media tactics

No.
Rebel News is exposing the truth.
It's for this same reason Australian citizen Julian Assange is rotting in prison.

Your token vote of respect looks a bit thin...
Rebel news showed the full video from police body cam, the mainstream media plastered a still image out there to misrepresent the truth, ie: Lie, to fulfill the government propaganda narrative.
The mainstream media, including the ABC, did the exact same thing with the fake 'horse punch guy'

I would like to know to know how they obtained the police body cam footage, possibly freedom of information, or maybe it was leaked from an insider? Maybe they mentioned in the vid. ....will check it again later.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Nothing different there really. As this is a novel coronavirus we have zero resistance to begin with. That's the benefit of the vaccine, it provides a significant resistance to the virus but not complete. Then when you catch the virus you build more resistance, assuming you're not immunocompromised. If you don't build sufficient resistance from the first infection you might catch it again and you will build increased resistance.
The article also says that 93.8% of cases had mild or Asymptomatic. Tell me again why we are sitting here hiding from this deadly virus?
2 people I know have died during the NSW Lockdown. Neither had Covid. Imagine that, dieing a prisoner in your own home because the government decided for you that it is too dangerous to go about your life due to a virus that gives little or no symptoms to 93% of the population.. Madness.

Those numbers are based on people been in lockdown. Look what happened in Europe during the early outbreak before people know what they were dealing with. The numbers with Delta are worse. A recent article by 2 doctors from out your way.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Rebel news showed the full video from police body cam, the mainstream media plastered a still image out there to misrepresent the truth, ie: Lie, to fulfill the government propaganda narrative.

But misses out the 2+ hours before where I'm sure all these guys were "peacefully protesting" right?
Or the 5 min previous where they are obviously trying to escape the police.

Seems just like videos where people break a law (traffic infringement for example), don't follow police instructions, put up a fight, then get arrested for resisting arrest and get upset that police put up a fight back.

PHO also mandates wearing a mask outdoors and max two people outdoors in groups. Seems they are not complying.

Status
Not open for further replies.