Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I like that map of the world. No Australia. That will keep all the COVID riddled foreigners out. They wont find us.
Yeah, all those European immigrants have been nothing but trouble for over 250 years

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
That's the thing though, I think most of Auckland is back at work even though we are in a level 3 lockdown. I think the only people not working are the hospitality sector. I could swear there was more traffic on the road Friday morning at 05.45 than there was during a normal non lockdown working day
Our lockdown started like that 3 months ago. Everyone goes to work then comes home, stays home for the night because lockdown. Next day off to work again.
It didn't work too well and they came up with the idea of enforcing the lockdown until 70% of adults 'chose' to get vaccinated. The government can not mandate the vaccine so they came up with this plan. The really disturbing thing is that that move has encouraged all the well meaning small business owners with zero medical knowledge to come up with vaccine mandates of their own. Local swimming pools says no swim school for kids 12 and over unless vaccinated. It's becoming ridiculous.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Our lockdown is failing because a small %age of the population believe the rules don't apply to them. The majority of us who are working and following the rules aren't the problem.

Businesses are pushing for a jab mandate but are waiting to see what the government does, at this point there is no legal basis for individual employers to make such mandates but the government is introducing vaccine passports which will exclude the un-vaccinated from certain locations or activities.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I like that map of the world. No Australia. That will keep all the COVID riddled foreigners out. They wont find us.
And NZ not on the map either.
Ssh cuz.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
That lockdown in Victoria didn't really keep the numbers down?
Or maybe without it, it would have been worse.
Myself and my neighbours, we're waiting for the zombie apocalypse in Sydney. Hopefully the Northern Beaches is remote enough so they won't venture up Pittwater Road.
Next hot sunny day I reckon Mona Vale Rd will look like a carpark!

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Plan is clear. Hit 70/80%, measures get dropped.

Helps if you read some real news, not watch "news"

https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/victorias-roadmap-delivering-national-plan
btw
Yeah, we're living the "news"... The last "Short, sharp, 7 day lockdown" is how long now?
How do you tell Chairman Dan is lying? His lips are moving....
Still in lockdown, still have a "curfew", numbers still increasing.
Coppers starting to get the shits enforcing the CHO medical "advice" idiotic laws...

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Yeah, we're living the "news"... The last "Short, sharp, 7 day lockdown" is how long now?
How do you tell Chairman Dan is lying? His lips are moving....
Still in lockdown, still have a "curfew", numbers still increasing.
Coppers starting to get the shits enforcing the CHO medical "advice" idiotic laws...

People are ignoring the rules, its obvious. They filmed 1000s doing it the other week on the westgate or war memorial. Masks are probably 50% when I go for a walk.

What other steps can be put in? They've stopped notifying Tier 2 locations and secondary contacts don't have to quarantine anymore. Given up on covid zero, but still trying to limit it before 70%/80% are hit.

If you want to get out now, go for it, I won't stop you. But if you, or a family member, or friend get sick, don't go to the hospital. Post up on here how Dan is to blame.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
People are ignoring the rules, its obvious. They filmed 1000s doing it the other week on the westgate or war memorial. Masks are probably 50% when I go for a walk.

What other steps can be put in? They've stopped notifying Tier 2 locations and secondary contacts don't have to quarantine anymore. Given up on covid zero, but still trying to limit it before 70%/80% are hit.

If you want to get out now, go for it, I won't stop you. But if you, or a family member, or friend get sick, don't go to the hospital. Post up on here how Dan is to blame.

If so many of the population are ignoring the 'rules', its pretty obvious they think it's a stupid rule...
All of my family, friends and neighbors are fully vaccinated. I'm the family 'elder' now and have no worries about catching the virus from family members.

Stop being an apologist for Chairman Dan, the minister for "I'm not responsible"...

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
NSW Stay home orders being lifted in 11 hours time. Hopefully for the last time. The Premier keeps copping **** from the media and some scared public who are still convinced we all start dying from Tuesday. I just can't believe any Australians would ever think we need to be locked up to keep safe.
I won't be going to dinner at a restaurant any time soon but I can't wait to walk on the beach.
Dan will be under more pressure when Vic see us out and about.

This is an interesting read regarding vaccination rates and removal of restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.