Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Wonder how easy it is to make a fake vaccine pass?
A woman posing as a Doctor has been charged in Queensland with selling fake vaccine passes throughout Australia . She is well known as an anti vaxer. Her qualifications are as a Doctor of Philosophy not medicine.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
This bloke now seems to think he is the PM.
[sarcasm]
Well our PM isn't very PMish so someone has to rise to the occassion
[/sarcasm]

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Wonder how easy it is to make a fake vaccine pass?
Can't be too hard. Real question is does anyone believe the passes actually achieve anything? In any setting other than nursing homes i doubt it. Looking at reports from around the world the fully vaccinated catch the virus often enough to render the passport useless. It reminds me of the movie Six degrees of separation, because we are all connected to each other somehow. So if anyone has Covid we all have Covid sooner or later.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Can't be too hard. Real question is does anyone believe the passes actually achieve anything? In any setting other than nursing homes i doubt it. Looking at reports from around the world the fully vaccinated catch the virus often enough to render the passport useless. It reminds me of the movie Six degrees of separation, because we are all connected to each other somehow. So if anyone has Covid we all have Covid sooner or later.

And this is why we need to be vaccinated. It's not a cure, it reduces the instances of medical intervention so it frees up hospital beds for trauma and illness that are taken up by covid patients that could have been prevented.

As for NSW opening up to the world with no quarantine, big mistake IMO. Looks like we will be closed off to NSW for some time yet.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yep, agree on international travel. The message keeps changing on that but it seems crazy to go from stay home orders to overseas visitors in the space of 6 weeks.
It could be argued I guess that the vax either works or it doesn't. If it doesn't, does it make a difference if we catch covid from the next door neighbor or a tourist from Texas, Capetown or Wuhan?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Yep, agree on international travel. The message keeps changing on that but it seems crazy to go from stay home orders to overseas visitors in the space of 6 weeks.
It could be argued I guess that the vax either works or it doesn't. If it doesn't, does it make a difference if we catch covid from the next door neighbor or a tourist from Texas, Capetown or Wuhan?

Why increase the risk though? International travelers brought the virus here in the first place. I would rather see a period of quarantine followed by a negative test result before I let travelers roam free. Even for the fully vaccinated. At least until we can hit a say, 85 - 90% vax rate. It's the unvaccinated population we need to protect.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Why increase the risk though? International travelers brought the virus here in the first place. I would rather see a period of quarantine followed by a negative test result before I let travelers roam free. Even for the fully vaccinated. At least until we can hit a say, 85 - 90% vax rate. It's the unvaccinated population we need to protect.

Dom is acting like a lot of people, "I'm (NSW is) vaccinated, I can do what I want"

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
It's the unvaccinated population we need to protect.
True but sadly the vaccinated just want everything opened up now...

Of those that are vaccinated, many of them just don't want to think of the ongoing death toll, the pandemic of the unvaccinated as some have coined it. Yet others just don't care if all of the unvaccinated died of COVID as it's seen as a self inflicted wound.

Really, there should have been education campaigns occurring long ago, around how safe the vaccines are and how there is little to no other options in the longer term... But we have fcuken useless politicians who love buz phrases... Useless the lot of them...

Guess the politicians (especially the liberals), for all their love of buz words, haven't heard of the phrase "a rising tide lifts all boats". Instead we get "I don't hold a hose" and "it isnt a race" (or words to that effect)... And don't get me started on Robodebt debarkle and acceptable Job Keaper rorts.

So sad that there seems to be such a lack of compassion in society. Now it seems more about holidays and the "self" than anything else. Meanwhile the projected death toll which has been calculated isn't on the public consience. So sad :confused:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I predicted between 2000 and 3000 daily infections after "freedom day" in NSW. We'll see how accurate I am. Now, middle of Nov, expect that to double. But we will never see the true numbers as people will stop getting tested as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.