Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
If it is passed into law, anyone can see it.
The problem is that over time it becomes an untruth since law if finessed and modified by court rulings that set precedence. The annotated legislation pointing to said rulings that qualifies the courts interpretation is itself copyrighted and sits behind costly paywalls :mad:

So over time, citizens can’t see and understand the law as it’s applied unless they pay :mad::mad::mad:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
last week the Andrews gov was told by court FOI to release the ''health advice'' for the last lockdown, he is not releasing it and fighting to keep it all secret, if the advice is correct and measures taken proportionate he should have no worries releasing the info, if u have nothing to hide then u hide nothing, it shouldnt take a FOI to release the reasons for a lockdown/restrictions if people have had there businesses closed and schools closed, stay at home orders and curfew set in place by the gov they have the right to see the reason why

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
last week the Andrews gov was told by court FOI to release the ''health advice'' for the last lockdown, he is not releasing it and fighting to keep it all secret, if the advice is correct and measures taken proportionate he should have no worries releasing the info, if u have nothing to hide then u hide nothing, it shouldnt take a FOI to release the reasons for a lockdown/restrictions if people have had there businesses closed and schools closed, stay at home orders and curfew set in place by the gov they have the right to see the reason why

Agree.....however Andrews is no Robinson Carusoe.

No Aus jurisdiction is releasing its health advice.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Agree.....however Andrews is no Robinson Carusoe.

No Aus jurisdiction is releasing its health advice.
all should be released and i think if it stays ordered release for Andrews then all other states will then have the same scenario to deal with, i dont care if its good or bad but its just the reasoning that public need ( or needed during the lockdowns) to show why simple as that, it just looks bad if its going to these levels to be hidden as one day the info will be released no matter what long after this gov was in play, but also for say the next pandemic it would be a good roadmap discussion to see how, why, when actions need to be taken and to what extent and affect to the public it has, victoria is world longest lockdown, Aus most deaths and most daylie cases, most economic damage and businesses closed and we should all know how not to do that next time

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
all should be released and i think if it stays ordered release for Andrews then all other states will then have the same scenario to deal with, i dont care if its good or bad but its just the reasoning that public need ( or needed during the lockdowns) to show why simple as that, it just looks bad if its going to these levels to be hidden as one day the info will be released no matter what long after this gov was in play, but also for say the next pandemic it would be a good roadmap discussion to see how, why, when actions need to be taken and to what extent and affect to the public it has, victoria is world longest lockdown, Aus most deaths and most daylie cases, most economic damage and businesses closed and we should all know how not to do that next time

You need to read around a bit. Those liberal tweets and Murdoch media are blinding you.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-25/fact-check-is-melbourne-most-locked-down-city/100560172

I'm not saying we weren't near the top, but statistics are easy to bend to your chosen message.

On most deaths and cases, I think its well recognised that mobility in Melbourne is much higher than Sydney. Its much easier to get from one side of Melbourne to the other, whereas Sydney is much more localised movement, generally speaking, due to the many waterways.
Perhaps then unsurprising that despite the harshest lockdown, we got more cases? Or is it just because we had a Labour government?

Try comparing Melbourne to a city of equal size elsewhere in the world, maybe LA (actually 1M less people). 1.4M cases and 26500 deaths.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I hate when the government makes rules and regulations to keep me and others safe

They are infringing on my right to win a Darwin Award
Are you really that scared of living your life without the government forcing their chosen way of protecting you from yourself?
Lieutenant Dan has made this whole thing into a power trip. Don't be blinded by the BS and the theory that nobody is safe unless everyone is locked down in their homes because there's a virus out there in the big bad world that we must be protected from.
Has Dan explained where all those ICU beds went that he said he had created last year? Don't think so. I guess he needs that extra power to protect the people from the public health system that has been diminished by too many years of shady accounting?

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Are you really that scared of living your life without the government forcing their chosen way of protecting you from yourself?
Lieutenant Dan has made this whole thing into a power trip. Don't be blinded by the BS and the theory that nobody is safe unless everyone is locked down in their homes because there's a virus out there in the big bad world that we must be protected from.
Has Dan explained where all those ICU beds went that he said he had created last year? Don't think so. I guess he needs that extra power to protect the people from the public health system that has been diminished by too many years of shady accounting?

I don't know if you heard, but Melbourne is out of lockdown (early) and Vic will be free to travel around on Friday (early).

We hit the vax targets and the promised return to normal life is here. 24th of November there will be virtually no restrictions.

Its blatantly clear that you have no interest in protecting those who can't protect themselves (autoimmune sufferers and the elderly), some of us (90.5% and counting) do.
The Vic branch of AMA had a great suggestion: You don't get vaxxed, don't rock up to hospital when you get ill.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore

If it wasn't for hard lockdowns, the death rates would be much higher

Hard lockdowns work in reducing the death rate

Vaccinations work in reducing the death rate

Look world wide, not next door

Sometimes you need to be cruel to be kind, this methodology isn't typically liked, but, the majority of people seem to understand the need, for the greater good, certain members of the community are only focused on what they want

As for petitions and people who "strongly' appose government desicions, well numbers tell you that they are only a very small minority

Your typical racially motivated groups have similar numers, coincidence?

Math doesn't lie

As for the small minorities that appose, typically they are the loudest and believe that if they shout really loud, then they will prove they are right

Also that small minority is made up with other groups, the typical trouble makers that just want to cause trouble, racially motivated groups, anti-vaccers, other politically motivated groups, lonely people looking for a group, the uneducated, and the mentally deficient, and of course, the misinformed

And once you remove all the nutters, all you are left with is the uneducated and misinformed

We aren't dealing with genocide, racism or bigotry, we are dealing with a virus

Hell, look at most of the protesters, to me alot of them could do with some real therapy, less drugs and alcohol, as well as alot less time searching for acceptance and information on random internet sites

I like the fact checking that is getting done, alot of the information going around is not even close to accurate, it is designed to capture the small minority and lead them like sheep, they drink it up willingly like Kool aid at Jonestown

Why believe that weird looking Dr Smith on tv when that cool and enigmatic Dr Phil on yourube says were fine, even though Dr Smith is a medical Dr with 30 years experience, and Dr Phil is a doctor of philosophy

I like to think of government as a mother and father, and the public their kids, they want the best for their kids, because if their kids thrive, the parents thrive and reap the benefits

But, in some families there's alway that one kid who is trouble, they think they are rebels, they know more about everything, because of their narcissistic behaviour, not by real knowledge, they will bring down everyone else around them, the parents will fight, the siblings will fight, all because of one kid

These "one kids" can be typically found together, yelling and screaming at the top of their lungs

Status
Not open for further replies.