Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
SARS, MERS, swine flu, bird flu... All related to bat coronaviruses... All from bats in the Wuhan area?
L:eek:oks like the CCP has been doing this for quite awhile, looks like they finally found a virus that works and lasts...

The US has already admitted they were funding 'gain of function' in Wuhan, even our CSIRO has been involved.

There are other scientists that state the behavior of the virus 'in the wild' means its been genetically engineered.
Do you have any papers with peer reviews

Do you realise that Covid isn't a new thing

Or was the common cold made in Wuhan as well

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Media Headline for today....

New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian has warned people to "assume anybody you're in contact with has the virus", as the state records its highest number of daily cases since the current outbreak began.

Warning
people.....to assume everyone in Australia (or maybe just NSW?) has COVID?
That's essentially what the state Premier is saying...
More propaganda fear mongering?

It seems to me that all of our political leaders have no idea what they are doing or what they are talking about.
Their incompetence is on display for all to see.....meanwhile they continue to collect the substantial remuneration packages.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
It seems to me that all of our political leaders Gladys and Brad have no idea what they are doing or what they are talking about.
Their incompetence is on display for all to see.....meanwhile they continue to collect the substantial remuneration packages.

FTFY

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Don't think the CCP would agree with that, took a lot of engineering to get to the current situation...
The virus is a simple organism as compared to a mammal (which was my point).

Whether SARS-COV2 was “engineered” was first postulated by Senator Tom Cotton, a republican who also stated he had no proof to back his claim. Two months later this same FUD was used by Trump as deflection from criticism that the USA wasn’t doing enough to combat the disease. There is no proof at all that this virus is anything but natural… read the timeline here

Then there is the fact that Sinovac and Sinopharm, both Chinese COVID19 vaccines, supposedly only offer 50% protection. This low level of protection would make this whole claim of an engineered virus even more ludicrous than this Trump inspired political idea actually is. Nobody in their right mind would engineer a virus to kill without also engineering an effective vaccine at the same time. To do so would be one of the most conceptually flawed and incompetent things anyone can do and the Chinese are neither….

Really, such stuff seems from the same playbook used by antivaxers and is just batshit crazy as the VicPol chief said a while back (Can’t find decent YouTube video of his statement)…

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
Media Headline for today....

New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian has warned people to "assume anybody you're in contact with has the virus", as the state records its highest number of daily cases since the current outbreak began.

Warning
people.....to assume everyone in Australia (or maybe just NSW?) has COVID?
That's essentially what the state Premier is saying...
More propaganda fear mongering?

It seems to me that all of our political leaders have no idea what they are doing or what they are talking about.

Typical female, making assumptions

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
The virus is a simple organism as compared to a mammal (which was my point).

Whether SARS-COV2 was “engineered” was first postulated by Senator Tom Cotton, a republican who also stated he had no proof to back his claim. Two months later this same FUD was used by Trump as deflection from criticism that the USA wasn’t doing enough to combat the disease. There is no proof at all that this virus is anything but natural… read the timeline here

Then there is the fact that Sinovac and Sinopharm, both Chinese COVID19 vaccines, supposedly only offer 50% protection. This low level of protection would make this whole claim of an engineered virus even more ludicrous than this Trump inspired political idea actually is. Nobody in their right mind would engineer a virus to kill without also engineering an effective vaccine at the same time. To do so would be one of the most conceptually flawed and incompetent things anyone can do and the Chinese are neither….

Really, such stuff seems from the same playbook used by antivaxers and is just batshit crazy as the VicPol chief said a while back (Can’t find decent YouTube video of his statement)…

Antivaxxer? Sorry, I've already had my first AZ shot.

Do you have any proof of ANY upper echelon CCP members getting a Sinovac or Sinopharm vaccine?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
When this first came to Aus last year, (I can't remember who said it) the advice was to assume YOU had it and to avoid possible transmission. Social distancing, sanitizing and masks were the recommended actions at the time.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Now they're telling us 85000 plus 85000 equals 170000! That's pure genius, I never would have worked it out.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Antivaxxer? Sorry, I've already had my first AZ shot.

Do you have any proof of ANY upper echelon CCP members getting a Sinovac or Sinopharm vaccine?
Hahaha… didn’t say you were an antivaxer. But believing the virus is engineered is reading from the same antivaxer playbook (= a lie told a million times on the internet must be a true fact… the loudest must be righteous :p in this case the lie is almost certainly politically motivated ;))

As for proof about which politician got what vaccine in China, I can’t even be sure some of our aussie politician arn’t really getting a shot of saline rather than a shot of Pfizer comirnaty vaccine or AZ COVID19 vaccine just for the camera opportunity. There are surprisingly high number of batshit crazy officials in public office, elected or not… Our own home grown are pollies are no better :eek: But me having such a view (ok I really don’t) is also a bit on the batshit crazy side of the spectrum :p

Conspiracy theories aside, seriously, good on you for doing your part to protect yourself, your family and the wider community by getting vaccinated :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.