Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
SE QLD now in lockdown until Sunday afternoon.
Lucky I still get to work, feel sorry for the people aren't so lucky

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Let's put lockdowns into perspective. We are actually VERY lucky here in Australia. I have a friend that recently posted something on FB that really made me think about numbers. This is the US, not here, but it's still statistically correct.

He posted a picture of an Airbus A350-941. It has a seating capacity of 354 and 7 crew. Imagine if one of these aircraft crashed in a major US city killing everyone on board and a few on the ground, we would all be suitably horrified.

Yet yesterday's (2 days ago) Covid-19 death toll was 369, the day before 374. The day before that: 484. That is like filling up an Airbus and deliberately crashing it into the ground, EVERY SINGLE DAY.

After reading that little analogy I came to think about what is an acceptable death? Plane crash? Shooting? Police brutality? Or dying alone in a hospital of a virus that some people don't think exists?

Without lockdowns, we would be in the same - or worse - situation as the US and a lot of other countries that either don't lockdown or only do it after a large number of cases ... NSW!! We have been criticized in WA for locking down after 1 or 2 cases, but it is a 3 - 5 day lockdown, and afterwards we go back tp pre lockdown conditions. If you wait, you have more community transmission resulting in prolonged lockdowns.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Have had a feeling of being ignored over the last week, so much fun being had in other big cities.
Newcastle / Hunter region have now joined the game of 'sit in the corner and go nowhere' as of 5pm today for the next week.. :mad:
Thanks ..................... beach party goers and 'cultural' visitors from Sydney.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
We've just had a positive case here, very weak positive, FIFO worker. No lockdown yet. He had covid last year so it may be antibodies from that. He was actually in Perth Airport at the same time as the QLD positive case that transitted through a couple of weeks ago. Unknown if he was actually infectious while in and around Perth for a week on R&R. Testing currently being done on close contacts, 3 of which have tested negative. If we have a positive result from anyone that visited the places he did, then I can guarantee we'll have a lockdown, but at this stage it looks to be a positive result because he had covid before.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Looks like Victoria is going into 7 day lockdown from 8.oo pm tonight

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
News conference earlier, no lockdown for us.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
vic 5 cases whole joint locked down, will not be 7 days will be easy 2-3 weeks guaranteed, Andrews self promoted only person in the world to beat the delta strain... ooh wait better lock down again here we go number 6, lets see how many more business close from this one

Status
Not open for further replies.