Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
NSW has basically opened up the metro area, we will see how that effects the hospital system in a couple of weeks when the 15% of 15 years and older unvaccinated start coping with Covid, that's nearly 4 million unvaccinated people

And thats not counting all the kids under 15 years of age

The 22 million eligible that are either fully or partially vaccinated hopefully will be fine and not add to the flood of cases admited to the critical care wards

But still, that's 4 million people who need to hope they are not in the % of people who will be requiring critical care

Again, not counting under 15 yesrs of age

I believe this is what some people either don't understand or don't care about, bed spaces in critical care wards, I think NSW has about 1000 critical care beds, as for the trained nursing staff?????

Currently there's around 20% of those beds with Covid patients, so we have 800 "spare beds", currently

But, if even at 0.025% (10,000 people) of those 4 million need critical care, we will be 9,000 critical care beds short

Heart attacks, MVA, and all the other ailments that need critical care will also be vying for those bed spaces as well

Like the link supplied above, Singapore went from a few cases a day during lockdown to 3, 000 a day in just over 2 weeks after opening up at ?80%? I believe

Singapore has about the same population as NSW, both are metro areas

Singapore are now triaging in tents

Interesting times ahead I would imagine

Disclaimer: I hope I'm wrong

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
NSW has basically opened up the metro area, we will see how that effects the hospital system in a couple of weeks when the 15% of 15 years and older unvaccinated start coping with Covid, that's nearly 4 million unvaccinated people

And thats not counting all the kids under 15 years of age

The 22 million eligible that are either fully or partially vaccinated hopefully will be fine and not add to the flood of cases admited to the critical care wards

But still, that's 4 million people who need to hope they are not in the % of people who will be requiring critical care

Again, not counting under 15 yesrs of age

I believe this is what some people either don't understand or don't care about, bed spaces in critical care wards, I think NSW has about 1000 critical care beds, as for the trained nursing staff?????

Currently there's around 20% of those beds with Covid patients, so we have 800 "spare beds", currently

But, if even at 0.025% (10,000 people) of those 4 million need critical care, we will be 9,000 critical care beds short

Heart attacks, MVA, and all the other ailments that need critical care will also be vying for those bed spaces as well

Like the link supplied above, Singapore went from a few cases a day during lockdown to 3, 000 a day in just over 2 weeks after opening up at ?80%? I believe

Singapore has about the same population as NSW, both are metro areas

Singapore are now triaging in tents

Interesting times ahead I would imagine

Disclaimer: I hope I'm wrong
Your maths is off if we are still talking about NSW. NSW population is 8 million. The vax rate of the total state population is around 57% so that's about 4.4 million vaccinated and 3.6 unvaccinated including kids.
Most kids only experience symptoms like a cold so don't require hospital treatment.
Whatever happens it's going to be interesting. Everyone is watching, some think it's like watching a car crash.
I can't read that article, hidden behind fiken paywall! I think the main thing it highlights to Aus is that there is no point staying in lockdown believing lockdown will resolve the situation. Once Covid is present in the community the only way to continue living a normal life instead of becoming a hermit kingdom is to accept it and go about living your life. That may mean you fall sick with Covid but the only way to get access the road is to take the first step and keep going. It's only the amount of traffic on the road that varies.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Your maths is off if we are still talking about NSW. NSW population is 8 million. The vax rate of the total state population is around 57% so that's about 4.4 million vaccinated and 3.6 unvaccinated including kids.
Most kids only experience symptoms like a cold so don't require hospital treatment.
Whatever happens it's going to be interesting. Everyone is watching, some think it's like watching a car crash.
I can't read that article, hidden behind fiken paywall! I think the main thing it highlights to Aus is that there is no point staying in lockdown believing lockdown will resolve the situation. Once Covid is present in the community the only way to continue living a normal life instead of becoming a hermit kingdom is to accept it and go about living your life. That may mean you fall sick with Covid but the only way to get access the road is to take the first step and keep going. It's only the amount of traffic on the road that varies.

Ack on the incorrect pop numbers, I mixed up the Australian population wirh the NSW stats

Lucky I'm not the minister for war and finances

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
If so many of the population are ignoring the 'rules', its pretty obvious they think it's a stupid rule...
All of my family, friends and neighbors are fully vaccinated. I'm the family 'elder' now and have no worries about catching the virus from family members.

Stop being an apologist for Chairman Dan, the minister for "I'm not responsible"...

So how can you blame Dan for the rules not working then?
Don't you see the cognitive dissonance?

If everybody started driving through red lights, because it's a "stupid rule", does that make it right?

So you and your family are fine then, what about the 45% the aren't double vaxxed yet?
You think if Dan said it's ok to visit your family if you are all double vaxxed everyone would stick to the rules? Unfortunately human beings are selfish so you need some rules for the greater good.
By the way, your family and friends can still catch and give you the virus, even after being fully vaxxed.

Dan stands up there until every question is answered. Plenty of others run away after the hour passes, or gave up entirely. What would you do, today, that isn't being done?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
This thread may have run it's course, but instead of starting a new one, I'll put this comment here.

The Today show is hammering WA once again over the two dickheads that came from Victoria via Darwin to watch the grand final and party afterwards. "They only watched a game of footy" they cried. Apart from putting a whole city and the southwest in jeopardy of not only the virus, but a lockdown of our own if they were infected, the committed FRAUD!! Jailed for watching a football game? No, jail for committing a federal offence. Fake drivers licenses, fake vehicle rego, fake vax evidence. Making false declarations. It wasn't just for "watching the footy".

One guy said he wouldn't have come if he was infected. So being infected is the only reason not to commit fraud?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
This thread may have run it's course, but instead of starting a new one, I'll put this comment here.

The Today show is hammering WA once again over the two dickheads that came from Victoria via Darwin to watch the grand final and party afterwards. "They only watched a game of footy" they cried. Apart from putting a whole city and the southwest in jeopardy of not only the virus, but a lockdown of our own if they were infected, the committed FRAUD!! Jailed for watching a football game? No, jail for committing a federal offence. Fake drivers licenses, fake vehicle rego, fake vax evidence. Making false declarations. It wasn't just for "watching the footy".

One guy said he wouldn't have come if he was infected. So being infected is the only reason not to commit fraud?
I admire your confidence if you think lockdowns have run their course too.
Quite an elaborate plot to see a football game that's for sure!
Sydney folk are mostly enjoying their new found freedoms, although there are still a few haven't figured out the rules have changed and they're allowed to go past the 5km line.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
You have to laugh. There would be thousands upon thousands breaking these lockdown and mask wearing rules every day, and we have all seen it. And if you’re all being honest, you’ve probably broken the rules albeit cheekily or innocently yourselves. These two guys have gone a whole lot further with their deception and deserve to have the book thrown at them.
The thousands and thousands who do break the Covid laws on a continuing basis are the lucky ones for not being caught. These two muppets were the unlucky ones who happened to get caught, in a big way!

Status
Not open for further replies.