Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

the looser >.<

V3N0M

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 magna exec
took my car to a mates place the other day to get him to give me a hand to take the steering wheel off.. the 1st thing he did was hit the center nut.. pretty hard to.. i went off at him but he did it a few more time not quite as hard tho.. could he have damaged it? car isnt running atm.. doing stuff to engine.. im worried now cause i hurd to never hit the centre nut thing-o-me-bob... grrrrr...

Last edited:

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
yes the "loser" could have done quite a bit of damage to the collapsable column.
put it all back together, one of the first problems you may notice is the steering lock sometimes doesnt engage or rubs. various othwe problems. keep this mate away from your car i suggest.

V3N0M

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 magna exec
yeah i dont think i will be speaking to him for a while.. i think he did it diliberatly but i cant prove it... *hes more of an aquantence* cant spell lol.. said he knew a bit about cars and i have nown him *not personally* for about a year.. and being out in the middle of noware dont have to much of a choice :p.. i hope he didnt do anything serious.. i cant aford to get it fixed lol.. thanks heaps.. ill try have a look 2moro.. anything i should look for? or will i only notice it in the steering when driving?

again thanks.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
To be perfectly honest thats the way I have always removed steering wheels.

Take the the nut off and spin it so it is half way off the thread then get my knees behind the wheel and pull it towards me whilst giving the the nut love taps.

V3N0M

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 magna exec
yeah tappin it probly wouldnt hurt.. but this guy gave it an all mighty wack lmao.. owell i spose if worst comes to worst i should be able to replace it with the one in my old vb :p

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
gemfields, i was cruising around that way the other day, i should have come and given you a hand.

yeah i just loosen the nut so its barely on, then grab it like your driving normally, push off with your feet and pull as hard as you can, wriggling it from side to side until finally it pops. it takes alot of encouragement, but you get there in the end.

V3N0M

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 magna exec
lol yeah i got it off FINALLY!!! now all im worried about is if john *guy that i went and saw* did anything to the steering collum by hittin it as hard as he did lol.. ahwell lol.. all i need to do now is tranfer the auto trans from my vb into my vh.. which currently has a 4spd manual in it.. i was told it wasnt hard to do so we will see :p.. anyways thanks guys!

Streetvision

Scar-Non
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VP Commodore
Troy711 said:
just dont do what one of my dads mates did when he was younger.. he pulled the wheel as someone else hit the back of it. he was lucky to not have a broken nose

AHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry :whistling

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
shouldnt ever hit the centre. some older cars will take it but nothing with collapsable column (not sure when they came in though). i got a puller tool for about $10 a while ago. makes the job so much safer and easier.