Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Man Shake.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
So a spray painter recommended this to me to loose weight, so my first batch has arrived on Friday.
I'm going to start tomorrow so it means no weekday beers just Friday and Saturdays for beers from what I've been told.

I'm at 108kg atm so I'll see how fast I can get to 90kg.

If anyone has any info on this stuff I'm willing to hear it as I'm completely new to this diet stuff.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
It's just a product someone is trying to profit from on your weight loss journey. The funny thing about a lot of these powders and shakes is that they sell almost identical products to body builders. The difference is the instructions on the label. For weight gain you eat a shake between each meal to boost your calories/ kj intake. To lose weight you eat a shake instead of a meal. You see the common factor? Either way they make money from you.
There's no magic to it. By drinking a shake instead of a greasy high kj meal you consume less kj in the day so your body starts to burn fat to survive. It contains caffeine to speed up your metabolism. You could get that from drinking coffee instead.
It would be cheaper and healthier to take a lunch box of fruit and veg to work and eat that instead of the shakes, burgers, fries, and soft drinks. And I bet you would feel better too.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
It's just a product someone is trying to profit from on your weight loss journey. The funny thing about a lot of these powders and shakes is that they sell almost identical products to body builders. The difference is the instructions on the label. For weight gain you eat a shake between each meal to boost your calories/ kj intake. To lose weight you eat a shake instead of a meal. You see the common factor? Either way they make money from you.
There's no magic to it. By drinking a shake instead of a greasy high kj meal you consume less kj in the day so your body starts to burn fat to survive. It contains caffeine to speed up your metabolism. You could get that from drinking coffee instead.
It would be cheaper and healthier to take a lunch box of fruit and veg to work and eat that instead of the shakes, burgers, fries, and soft drinks. And I bet you would feel better too.

Well yes and no. It's not that expensive to start with.
The whole idea from what I've been told is that you eat say a banana for smoko but have a shake in the morning and one at lunch then eat lean meat and veg for dinner.
The shakes contain vitamins and all the rest so you're not missing all the good stuff when you cut your food intake down.

The spray painter that got me onto them has lost 15kg in less than a year.
I paid $140 for about 30 days worth so it's actually cheaper than the crap I shovel down my throat from the smoko van abd servo ect.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
If you are really serious about losing weight buy some exercise equipment and use it. There is heaps of stuff on gumtree that people who have had a rush of blood to head get rid of because they lose interest. As a start get a treadmill, nice and easy to use and work your way slowly at first. and build up speed as you get into it. A rowing machine is good but don't waste your time on the low grade stuff. I have an Infiniti rowing machine that I paid $600 on gumtree. I spend quarter of an hour on mine most days.

Diet is important. Do you eat junk food? If you don't give it up you are wasting your time. Make your lunch don't buy it. Exercise on it's own is not enough. If you can cut back on what you drink that is good as beer is no help when you want to lose weight.

Don't underestimate the challenge you have ahead of you as there are are lots of people who try and fail. It is good that you realise that you have a problem and want to address it.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Exactly, the crap from the smoko truck is the problem. I just don't get why people switch from that to shakes. I think it's just become the cool way to lose weight.
Next month try replacing some shakes with a lunch box of carrot, banana, apple, broccoli, beans, lettuce, tomato, watermelon etc.
You don't need weight loss products to lose weight

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
If you are really serious about losing weight buy some exercise equipment and use it. There is heaps of stuff on gumtree that people who have had a rush of blood to head get rid of because they lose interest. As a start get a treadmill, nice and easy to use and work your way slowly at first. and build up speed as you get into it. A rowing machine is good but don't waste your time on the low grade stuff. I have an Infiniti rowing machine that I paid $600 on gumtree. I spend quarter of an hour on mine most days.

Diet is important. Do you eat junk food? If you don't give it up you are wasting your time. Make your lunch don't buy it. Exercise on it's own is not enough. If you can cut back on what you drink that is good as beer is no help when you want to lose weight.

Don't underestimate the challenge you have ahead of you as there are are lots of people who try and fail. It is good that you realise that you have a problem and want to address it.

Thanks.
I don't have the space for exercise machines but I'm trying to get work on the weekends doing roofing with a friend. Between that and work (if we're busy) I should get enough exercise.
I used to be built as working in concrete repairs when I was 18. Jack hammering and wheeling wheelbarrows full of old concrete kept me ripped lol.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Exactly, the crap from the smoko truck is the problem. I just don't get why people switch from that to shakes. I think it's just become the cool way to lose weight.
Next month try replacing some shakes with a lunch box of carrot, banana, apple, broccoli, beans, lettuce, tomato, watermelon etc.
You don't need weight loss products to lose weight

I have been eating fruit a veg lately.
I'll give the shakes a go though, as I said I've been recomended these and have witnessed them work.
There's more ways to skin a cat than one I'll give this way a crack and see how I go.

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 383 Harrop enhanced
I lost 20 kilo last year in a little over 3 months but it was a pretty dramatic dietary change.
Basically I cut out sugar, bread and milk. I'm a big Jacks drinker (like a few nightly) but stopped drinking from sunday to wednesdays and then changed to coke no sugar for my mixes. Lots of fish/chicken and salads. No snacking. No sauces/dressings etc
I'd often fast on sundays too. Its an easy kilo off your weight and once you have it in your head you realise just how much you eat with your head/habit rather than actually being hungry.
So I went from 104 kilo down to 84 but I've gone back up to 90 because I started eating and drinking again. I still have to watch it though as it goes on extremely easy. Thats why I think that shakes are not really an ideal solution unless you plan on shakes being the means to your (long term) stable weight control. I think your better off adjusting your eating habits a little for long term success.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Man Shake? The connotations ..

Thanks.
I don't have the space for exercise machines but I'm trying to get work on the weekends doing roofing with a friend. Between that and work (if we're busy) I should get enough exercise.
I used to be built as working in concrete repairs when I was 18. Jack hammering and wheeling wheelbarrows full of old concrete kept me ripped lol.

You don't need exercise machines to get exercise. You catch the bus, get off the bus a few Km's from home and walk it instead.

My son has last about 10kg in the last 6 months, all he did was cut some crap out of his diet, increased the number of times he goes to the gym and does 8-10km most days of the week beating his feet. He still eats plenty including some really nice meals he cooks for the family.