Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The models that could have saved Holden? - including a VF SUV..

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
From Wheels magazine:

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/ho...03_07_Weekend&utm_term=list_wheels_newsletter

some interesting ideas in there..

7C9FE3D2-50FE-41C8-9C7C-6BBDBFA8C9B9.jpeg

I reckon this might have sold gangbusters..goes to show they at least recognised the market was heading away from large sedans and towards SUV’s..but it seems once again the almighty $$ caused it to be shelved..

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
That looks NICE :cool:

agreed, I’m no fan of SUV’s...but this is a bit different..shame there is no pic of the rear end. Imagine if this went into production. We might be in a very different position now..

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
agreed, I’m no fan of SUV’s...but this is a bit different..shame there is no pic of the rear end. Imagine if this went into production. We might be in a very different position now..

Aah the big IF. I see your point. But Holden lost the chance long ago, when they decided to sell those non-VF commodore sh!tboxes. And GM ensured that Holden didn’t have a say in the matter - if they even had one.

PS: I’d have given those fake hood vents a miss. Never liked them - even on the cars.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
PS: I’d have given those fake hood vents a miss. Never liked them - even on the cars.
Fake?
On the LS3 VF’s they are open to the engine bay so in that sense how can they be fake?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Looks great having the LS3 badge on the front...

Clintix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS Regal Peacock Sedan
I wouldve brought one.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
It’s all coulda shoulda woulda type stuff... but I liked the Torana TT36 concept of circa 2004. But like so many good ideas it went nowhere :oops:

Heck, even a TT V6 in a commodore would have been something but typical GM/H had their finger up the butt hole and didn’t want to step on the V8 icon... end result... commodore dead, icon dead, brand dead :confused::oops:

Ps: more interesting info on the TT36 architecture and engine here.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
What we have driven as Holdens, HR, HT, HQ, VB... what ever, have changed names, shapes and this would have simply been a progression of what Holden had always done. Made cars for Aussies.

Holden have always been good at looking around the global shed for something useful to start from, and make some changes to it on the bench and create a better tool to do the job. This SUV version of the Commodore would have been a prime example of that.

Instead, GM said, "Shut up, I'm not interested in your ideas. Be a good company and die in the corner"

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
There’s other models in the link too, just posted a pic of the SUV :)