Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Motorcycle riders thread

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I know what some of you guys may think, but I don’t care. This was my 1964 Li 150 Lambretta scooter with a GP200 engine. 8 inch wheels, **** front and rear drum brakes, and the handling capabilities of an out of control concrete helicopter. At a speed of approximately 90kph plus, on our **** potholed roads, you don’t need to mix it with the know alls at the men’s shed who insist you put on your ear muffs and safety goggles whilst your vacuuming up the Rich Tea biscuit crumbs, for that adrenaline rush.
Were you a mod?

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Needs the side car for the shopping. ;) :cool: :)

Nah, just hooks on the back of that front shield =dodge shopping bags =to knees and replace the pilon seat with a custom metal/retro top box in matching body work colour.

Last edited:

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Were you a mod?
No. Back in the day I’d missed out on the scooter scene by a couple of years but took advantage of the fact you could buy a Vespa 50cc when you were 16. The Vespa 50 was a small frame scooter which had pedals, which classed it as a moped. Top speed 32mph flat chat.:)

Attachments

• C1CA377D-1D61-4CDB-82F5-582716FE5120.jpeg
    C1CA377D-1D61-4CDB-82F5-582716FE5120.jpeg
    181.2 KB · Views: 104

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
God I miss v twin sport bikes. Price is too crazy now almost bought a vtr sp2 three years back. Thought it was a little too much , I should have bought it lol.

The one I'll never sell , got offered stupid money last year turned it down.
20170404_172604_zpsug834hwl.jpg

Also have an urban tiger in the shed same year.

The one I never should have sold. Ran a 9.8 un strapped and shooting for the moon . Rode it there , rode it home after the brown pants moment of cracking a 9 n called it a day.
20170415_152237_zpsme8yzjve.jpg

Then I bought a 5k old perfectly nice bike , cut it in half and haven't finished it yet.

IMG_20220119_172549.jpg

IMG_20220119_172631.jpg
Mate a 9.8 is really impressive. Couldn't get my 89 CBR1000 under 12 or my S1000RR under 11
Both bikes had another 1 sec in them. Had three runs on each bike did various things wrong on each run. 9.8 you weren't doing to much wrong on that run. Well done. Cheers.

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I know what some of you guys may think, but I don’t care. This was my 1964 Li 150 Lambretta scooter with a GP200 engine. 8 inch wheels, **** front and rear drum brakes, and the handling capabilities of an out of control concrete helicopter. At a speed of approximately 90kph plus, on our **** potholed roads, you don’t need to mix it with the know alls at the men’s shed who insist you put on your ear muffs and safety goggles whilst your vacuuming up the Rich Tea biscuit crumbs, for that adrenaline rush.
I haved owned a Yamaha jog 50cc and a 125cc Bee Wee

Great for local trips to the shops and work

I could carry a cartoon on the jogs floor board and a 6 pack under the seat

Cost a couple of bucks in fuel a week

I did get a few looks but no one said anything to my face, well, my daughter said I looked funny riding around on it, but my kids have a free pass and I have trained them well in taking the piss so I wouldn't expect anything less from them

Only issue I ever had was breaking a belt on the jog when I was on the "M5" (LOL), sitting on about 65kph (flat chat) for about 45 minutes and overcooked it, it did have a "performance" variator and weights in it, as well as modified exhaust

The Bee Wee had the same mods and would sit just on 85 kph

Sometimes I would look at my Ninja 635 and then at the scooters, and then take a scotter for more LOLS and convenience

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
I haved owned a Yamaha jog 50cc and a 125cc Bee Wee

Great for local trips to the shops and work

I could carry a cartoon on the jogs floor board and a 6 pack under the seat

Cost a couple of bucks in fuel a week

I did get a few looks but no one said anything to my face, well, my daughter said I looked funny riding around on it, but my kids have a free pass and I have trained them well in taking the piss so I wouldn't expect anything less from them

Only issue I ever had was breaking a belt on the jog when I was on the "M5" (LOL), sitting on about 65kph (flat chat) for about 45 minutes and overcooked it, it did have a "performance" variator and weights in it, as well as modified exhaust

The Bee Wee had the same mods and would sit just on 85 kph

Sometimes I would look at my Ninja 635 and then at the scooters, and then take a scotter for more LOLS and convenience
I’ve been looking at getting one of those Honda 125cc Super Cubs. I believe they are the most sold vehicle ever, with over a 100 million sold!
I remember my younger brother buying one off our neighbour when he was about fifteen, it was the 50cc Cub back then.
Having owned seven Lambretta and Vespa scooters over the years, all manuals but one, I really had some great times on them. I never worried about what people thought about them, I just loved the styling. All gone now, but yes I’m now thinking of looking like an idiot again:)

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mate a 9.8 is really impressive. Couldn't get my 89 CBR1000 under 12 or my S1000RR under 11
Both bikes had another 1 sec in them. Had three runs on each bike did various things wrong on each run. 9.8 you weren't doing to much wrong on that run. Well done. Cheers.
Anyone interested in talking about the latest moto GP in Spain.
One of the best races l've seen this season.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Would love to but it's not on free to air , so for the first time in many many years I'm not seeing it.
Yeah I'm being angry tight arse but not paying for streaming = sporting sxxt should be on free to air.
Did just google the results , Jack Miller hasn't had the start to the season he would of liked.
I see Vinales switching to Aprilia hasn't helped him !

SBS had high lights of the first 2 rounds of the world superbikes on the weekend .
Long time since I've watched that = very entertaining.

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
Would love to but it's not on free to air , so for the first time in many many years I'm not seeing it.
Yeah I'm being angry tight arse but not paying for streaming = sporting sxxt should be on free to air.
Did just google the results , Jack Miller hasn't had the start to the season he would of liked.
I see Vinales switching to Aprilia hasn't helped him !

SBS had high lights of the first 2 rounds of the world superbikes on the weekend .
Long time since I've watched that = very entertaining.
Cheers mate, I'm the same, we get it on free to air a week later.
I had a look on utube this morning and got about 10 minutes of highlights.
A really good dice with Ducati's Bagnaia and Yamaha's Quartararo the Yamaha rider unable to pass the Ducati, but kept him honest over the 25 lap race. Bagnaia had smashed the lap record to claim pole. 3rd&4th was a really close racing between Miller and Marquez. It would take the Honda rider 20 laps to finally get passed the Ducati rider, only to then be overtaken by the Aprilia of Espargaro with Mir on the Suzuki rounding out the top six.
I wouldn't right Vinales off. All of the former moto 2 podium winners are struggling in the premier class. Gardiner( thank God he's not a winger like his old man), A Marquez and Binder these are all former moto2 champions and lets face it the 750s (762) for the purists, is a very competitive class and sooner or later these riders will start winning races.
Thanks for the reply mate. We used to get the British Super Bikes a couple of years ago on free
to air TV, l used to enjoy watching them as well.

Last edited: