Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Motorcycle riders thread

BrettP75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais S1 6.0Ltr
OMG I’m loving riding it. Did have a chit my pants moment on my first ride. Was going to the RMS and when I was turning into the street we had a green arrow and thought hell yeah and punched it......... well after being on a crotch rocket with such high foot pegs for so long and being so used to really laying it down in fast right corners ........ well when I felt the old hero knob on the right hand foot peg really hitting the bitumen it really rattled me and I crapped myself. Other than that absolutely loving it. I love the gear ratios and how it revs low especially after having a ninja that screams it’s tits off and stays happy. Like today in top gear on the M5 at 125 whoops sorry 110 it was revving at a measly 3200RPM my old ninja was at 8500 even if I was in 6th gear.
Have noticed a much more lumpy idle in the V-Twin compared to the Kawasaki in-line 4.
Not sure if we can give shout outs on here so I won’t but the dealership in Melbourne we’re so helpful I couldn’t be more happy with the bike.

Attachments

• 4DC55CD4-B050-4552-B14F-8481E47CDE51.jpeg
    4DC55CD4-B050-4552-B14F-8481E47CDE51.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 142

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
As an 18 year old way back , rode my mates Honda CB 200 = was hooked straight away.
Put a deposit on my first bike and bought the helmet then= went home said to my parents I've bought a helmet I need a bike = lucky for me they didn't freak too much.
Have absolutely loved two wheels ever since!!!!
I currently have a Suzuki RF 600 + owned for ( holy crap = 20 years now!!).

And my Buell XB12R Firebolt ( bought new August 2007).
Had a Yammy TRX 850 in the late 90s/early 2000s = what a hoot = especially early on before lots of Jap / loud V twins.
https%3A//i.imgur.com/bdcYyD4.jpg[/img]']https%3A//i.imgur.com/Z5iWykR.jpg[/img]']

Less than 6 years ago = thought about a classic = sore a MV Augusta 350s = parallel twin , full fairing $14 K = Lots = but an absolute bargain= why didn't I!!!
Here's my 3rd bike I owned back then,a Moto Guzzi Le Mans MKiii = dam I loved that

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
OMG I’m loving riding it. Did have a chit my pants moment on my first ride. Was going to the RMS and when I was turning into the street we had a green arrow and thought hell yeah and punched it......... well after being on a crotch rocket with such high foot pegs for so long and being so used to really laying it down in fast right corners ........ well when I felt the old hero knob on the right hand foot peg really hitting the bitumen it really rattled me and I crapped myself. Other than that absolutely loving it. I love the gear ratios and how it revs low especially after having a ninja that screams it’s tits off and stays happy. Like today in top gear on the M5 at 125 whoops sorry 110 it was revving at a measly 3200RPM my old ninja was at 8500 even if I was in 6th gear.
Have noticed a much more lumpy idle in the V-Twin compared to the Kawasaki in-line 4.
Not sure if we can give shout outs on here so I won’t but the dealership in Melbourne we’re so helpful I couldn’t be more happy with the bike.

Having had lots of twins when I went to test ride the RF 600 ( I bought ) = just blat = short throttle through the gears = IS that all I'm doing= Ha ha ha.
A work mate who doesn't even have a car license = punts a Honda shadow 750 with a nice sounding exhaust as a a daily .
He has a 1050 Speed Triple as well.
I test rode a Harley muscle a few years ago, ( would love a night rod special)= no longer !1 = but soo dam expensive especially when you throw a heap of custom stuff at them.

Last edited:

BrettP75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais S1 6.0Ltr
Such a great feeling hammering along on 2 wheels.
I just ask all riders to please ride safely hey

BrettP75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais S1 6.0Ltr
Yah probably unfortunately one thing that is hard to justify with a Harley is the price of some of the models. When they are asking upwards of $30K that’s a decent car AND bike. Like ya know I paid $28k COMBINED for my Calais and the Harley lol

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm a sports bike man. I would never consider a Harley. I only have two speeds but I only do track these days. I really want a Triumph 900 Daytona but new house has to be built first. Unless I get sneaky and sell my other house....., which I'm reluctant too.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Never ridden a cruiser or that style of street bike, always ridden sports bikes so this’ll be a learning curve lol

I have ridden everything people (dealers, mates, acquaintances) have waved their keys in my face...

Sports Dukes (998,999) went like lightning but crippled me .. they are built for shortarse 5'something italians
The factory just outside Bologna (northern Italy) is worth a visit (there are tours you can book ther the Tourist Board)
Aprilia.. BiMota... ditto. VERY sporting bikes
Highly Dangerous.. being Hardly Driveable are appalling. They don't go round corners, they don't stop
and they are called 'potatoes' by all other riders. why? they go spud spud spud.... One Percenters
and those with wee penises luv ém as they are LOUD!

Other sports bikes.. from the litre racers (they REALLY do not belong on the road). Trumpies
.. all road bikes I like, coz you can get on them and ride them properly on winding roads
and NOT worry they will spit you off. Generally decent brakes, handling and engines
(that 3 cyl thing is a gem)

and then trailies? I started on them but the off-road bug never really bit. I have mates
who keep pestering.. and with the offer of a bike, come out high country for the weekend.

Actually I prefer a sporty ride somewhere on the 12R, a stop for a pie or pastie and coffee
chat with mates, maybe some fuel and then taking the long way home

Keep the rubber side down :cool:

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Kawasaki ZX12R A1 (unrestricted with 360kmh speedo) hyper bike....
quick bike ex factory.. turns 9s for the quarter and goes under the PI
main straight bridge at 280 (speedo indicated) still accelerating :)

xNma1enk_o.jpg
You are a mad dog!!

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
As an 18 year old way back , rode my mates Honda CB 200 = was hooked straight away.
Put a deposit on my first bike and bought the helmet then= went home said to my parents I've bought a helmet I need a bike = lucky for me they didn't freak too much.
Have absolutely loved two wheels ever since!!!!
I currently have a Suzuki RF 600 + owned for ( holy crap = 20 years now!!).

And my Buell XB12R Firebolt ( bought new August 2007).
Had a Yammy TRX 850 in the late 90s/early 2000s = what a hoot = especially early on before lots of Jap / loud V twins.
https%3A//i.imgur.com/bdcYyD4.jpg[/img]']https%3A//i.imgur.com/Z5iWykR.jpg[/img]']

Less than 6 years ago = thought about a classic = sore a MV Augusta 350s = parallel twin , full fairing $14 K = Lots = but an absolute bargain= why didn't I!!!
Here's my 3rd bike I owned back then,a Moto Guzzi Le Mans MKiii = dam I loved that
I always love hearing about your firebolt.
I will love it more when you get the hammer kit for it though

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I always love hearing about your firebolt.
I will love it more when you get the hammer kit for it though

Yumm , next but is a pink slip for another 12 months rego .
Ceramic coat headers , can't quite decide = either semi gloss or flat black?