Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Motorcycle Thread - anything and everything

Aussie XB12SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VU SS Fifty
Been riding for a long time.
Bought my FXDF new in 2010 and have done one or two mods since then.
If you are looking at the Indian make sure you really want it before buying. I picked up new Victory 8 Ball last year and sold it a couple of months ago. People can say they are as good as a Harley & I thought it was when I got it but they definitely are not.
image_zps3vebnszl.jpeg

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Been riding for a long time.
Bought my FXDF new in 2010 and have done one or two mods since then.
If you are looking at the Indian make sure you really want it before buying. I picked up new Victory 8 Ball last year and sold it a couple of months ago. People can say they are as good as a Harley & I thought it was when I got it but they definitely are not.
image_zps3vebnszl.jpeg
Nice fatbob. I like the factory numbered custom paint set.

I'll just leave this here for inspiration to others: https://youtu.be/EXnbSZ4g6zU

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
My list in order

1988 Yamaha XT 250
1985 Kawasaki GPz 750
1996 Yamaha TTR 250
1996 Honda XR 600
1998 Ducati SS750 (Staintunes, best sounding bike I've owned)
2006 Honda CBR1000RR

Unfortunately no bike for now since kids came along but will look at the cruiser or sport tourer option in a couple of years time.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Raj if your into bikes you should definitely go and check this shop out down near moorabin airport. They deal new Indians and they have older ones too. They have all sorts or old makes and models there it's like a museum except everything is for sale :) will get the name of the place off my boss tomorrow.

I don't have any road bikes yet just a dirt bike. Posted about it in my other thread you never know though hopefully one day.

IMAG0325_zpsuyrwoo2q.jpg

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Been licensed for 10 years.

My first bike was a yamoto 200cc bike I bought for $1200 brand new. Chinese made but It was to learn how to ride out on the farm.
After learning, finally got my Ls and bought a GS500F suzuki brand new. Was a fantastic bike to learn on out on the road, and cheap to keep on the road. I had to get to work and not having P plates for a car yet it was a way to get to work.
Sold it in 2010 due to tight cash flow and was not riding much anymore, and was a pain gearing up and down leaving to and from work. Especially in the rain.

The only other bike I've been on is a sv1000s, my old mans. And holy **** the amount of torque it has down low is very addictive. Really miss riding, but every time i see someone on their phones while driving is just a reminder how dangerous it is to be out riding.

Sheldon Cooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
String Theory
Thanks Deuce. I hear what you're saying about the RG but I just can't get past the look of that fixed fairing. Not a fan of the look. I very much love the batwing fairing and prefer the dial and display layout also.

Dealer is Harley Heaven in Melbourne City. But only cause it was the closest to go in and have a look. A bit spoilt for choice in and around Melbourne. Any you recommend would be great. I might PM you tomorrow. :D Cheers!

Great slow-mo btw - that'd scare the **** outa me! lol

And yeah, nice Fat Bob Aussie!

Sheldon Cooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
String Theory
I'm actually torn... Which colour? Black, white or matte grey? I can't make up my mind.

HDSGS.jpg

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
If you are a clean freak or perfectionist, go with a gloss colour. Otherwise that matte Grey is hands down winner coolest colour.

I don't think I could live with a matte finish. I like polish & wax shine too much

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I prefer shiny too but that grey does look nice.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Yeah the matte looks great. Like deuce says though it's hard to look after. Only go the matte if you plan on keeping it in the garage and only taking it out on nice days!