Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

the music gear thread

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
well seems as one member posted up an issue with his guitar amp, a fair bit of interest was sparked on this topic, so i thought it would be cool to start a thread on music gear and just anything to do with it. doesnt matter what you play, just get it out here.

this thread can be used to show off your stuff, see if someone wants to come for a jam, to post up any problems you are having technically or in your gear etc, or just to talk some crap on this subject.

i'll go first:

i play bass mainly, but bought a guitar and amp just to hack about on, but my big hands are suited to the fat strings anyway.

i have:

markbass little mark 2 amp head
markbass 610rf cabinet
randall rx120-d amp head
randall rx412 cabinet
dean mkh guitar (got it for cheap off ebay usa)
spector rexx 5 string bass (not the holoflash model)
epiphone les paul standard limited edition bass (just for something to play that i dont have to care about)
3 channel tech 21 bass driver di pedal
line6 mini pod pedal
distortion factory pedal

i would love to get rid of my dean as i hardly use it and get something a bit tamer, maybe a les paul or theres an esp eclipse in the shop in town that i can get a good price on.

i would also love to get an old fender precision bass, olympic white with a black pick guard, i think its the '76 or '78 model that the black pick guard was standard.

heres a pic of my amps and the dean and spector. will get a pic of the crappyphone up later..

n825985576_4994616_5017.jpg

enjoy.

ps. one topic for discussion could be how you transport your gear around, my bass amp only just fits in the back of my ute with the tonneau cover done up...

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
used to play a guitar a bit, but stopped for a couple of years, just bought myself an acoustic/electric to get myself back into it a bit.

My gear-
- Marshall MG50DFX 50 watt amp
- Black Samick start copy - Electrics swapped over to Ibanez humbuckers, homemade transparent scratch plate with artwork underneath.
- Monterey acoustic/electric. Built in tuner is handy
- Current building a explorer electric guitar. Made from decent wood, and have a EMG-60 and a EMG-81TW to go into it. I have all the parts, just gotta bolt it all together and drill a few holes then its done apart from paint

Last edited:

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Ive got 2 electrics and a bass.

This is my bass, its nothing special, just a 700 dollar number I got to muck around on. Ended up getting it signed by The Misfits.

guitar1.jpg

This is my Jackson Warrior. Brought it as a $900 number and chucked EMG's in it.

IMG_0140.jpg

Ive got an Ibanez hollow body as well, but my brother has it at the moment, cost me about 1200, got it home and after 2 months the sound of it changed from when I first got it, hated it and my brother has used it ever since.

This is it: Ibanez :: Hollow Guitars :: AK

As for amps, Ive got about 20 laying around, ranging from peices of crap to my beloved Marshall.

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Hows it going guys, play a bit of guitar myself :)

My baby is a ibanez rg420, i ripped out the standard pick-ups and replaced them with a dimebucker and a 59' duncan

got a bunch of other less good guitars lol

as for amps i got a fender 212r combo for round the house and my face melting full valve bugera 333 head and cab ahaha (picture a little big not sure how to make smaller :|)

33781330042_large.jpg

33781330041_large.jpg

33781330040_large.jpg

Last edited:

Rolla_Rolla'

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ke30 Rolla'
i been playing for bout 2 and a half years now, just starting a band, www.myspace/lowlifecrisis , hardcore / metal ;)

Gear :
- BC Rich ASM - Drop B tuning ;D
- Zoom G2.u1 Multi Effects Pedal
- Fender FM 212R

preee decent set up for under $1000

Attachments

• 100_1858.jpg
    100_1858.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 319

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
hey seether, how do you find the bugera amp? a couple guys around my way play them and reckon they're pretty good value for money.

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
hey seether, how do you find the bugera amp? a couple guys around my way play them and reckon they're pretty good value for money.

hey mate, i just got mega music (mad music shop near my house) to order it in, it sounds mint eh...really heavy sounding or really clean best of both worlds...think i paid bout $1400 for it bout 2 years ago probably :)

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
****, love the design. Did you do it yourself?

nah mate, but i tell ya when i first seen it i was like oohhh this is what it feels like to fall in love ahaha :)