Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The New Commodore VFII is Coming

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
things that I dislike about VFII Sedan (in particular Redline)
no more sports bolster on the seats (i know they went out with my15 changes)
no more two tone/cream leather option for the interior
no red stitching on the seats like their used to be
no CD player - really annoying having to download music which sometimes doesnt have the same quality as CD
no DVD player to watch things on the screen
no DAB radio
didnt fix the centre air vents to stop the driver getting whacked by the sun glare
removed rear seat cup holders that pop out from the base (wonder if I can retro fit them)
no adjustable rear headrests

only comes with black exterior highlights, by that I mean can only be black alloys, no choice of a machine face finish or dark grey finish
only black grille surrounds and stripes - no red option
Redline still running the same style alloys, but rest of range gets new wheels design
optional alloys only come in black (is all this black to mark the death of Holden?)

the fact that there isnt much of a gap anymore between Redline and the other V8 models as they have gotten most of the items Redline had in Series I, its only brembos & FE3 that you cant get on the other SS models.

But I do love the new front bar, the LS3 and the sound it makes, I also dont mind the rear tail lights on the sedan.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
no CD player - really annoying having to download music which sometimes doesnt have the same quality as CD
no DVD player to watch things on the screen
no DAB radio
didnt fix the centre air vents to stop the driver getting whacked by the sun glare
removed rear seat cup holders that pop out from the base (wonder if I can retro fit them)
no adjustable rear headrests

only comes with black exterior highlights, by that I mean can only be black alloys, no choice of a machine face finish or dark grey finish
only black grille surrounds and stripes - no red option
Redline still running the same style alloys, but rest of range gets new wheels design
optional alloys only come in black (is all this black to mark the death of Holden?)

the fact that there isnt much of a gap anymore between Redline and the other V8 models as they have gotten most of the items Redline had in Series I, its only brembos & FE3 that you cant get on the other SS models.

But I do love the new front bar, the LS3 and the sound it makes, I also dont mind the rear tail lights on the sedan.

I agree with you about the two tone interior,cd/dvd player and cup holders its crazy to drop these, the two tone interior makes makes it a much more inviting place to be i mean all black has been done to death

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
I'm sorry but coming from experience we had such a huge backlash when only the two tone trim was offered. So many people wanted a black option back in MY14, so Holden brought it out in MY15. The majority of MY15's were black trim, so they got rid of the beige altogether in MY16.

They're trying to simplify things and unfortunately they're never going to keep everyone happy, but the beige stripe is almost universally hated. We have so many Calais and Caprice buyers who want it taken out. It gets absolutely filthy within no time.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm sorry but coming from experience we had such a huge backlash when only the two tone trim was offered. So many people wanted a black option back in MY14, so Holden brought it out in MY15. The majority of MY15's were black trim, so they got rid of the beige altogether in MY16.

They're trying to simplify things and unfortunately they're never going to keep everyone happy, but the beige stripe is almost universally hated. We have so many Calais and Caprice buyers who want it taken out. It gets absolutely filthy within no time.
Yes i agree with the strip on the seat but the rest of the cabin has a nice look to it, i've had mine for 18 months and drop the kids to school every day hasn't got dirty at all

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Not sure I would like to trade all the missing options for an LS3

i think when i update might be time to get an r8 or gts at least you get the lsa now and i think their will be some good offers on the gts next year as the gen f II missed out any big upgrades

SARRAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Commodore SSV Redline 6MT
no CD player

I'm starting to wonder if the LS3 is costing Holden considerably more $$ than the L77, possibly even due to the fall in exchange rates against the $US when the L77 contract for supply would have been written a few years back. All these bibs and bobs going missing smacks of cost cutting to pay for something...

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The bibs & bobs going missing would be saving $1.37 in the cost of manufacturing each car. :)
Compared to the $1500 retail price-rise, the costs they've cut are near irrelevant.

timandhayley said:
They're trying to simplify things and unfortunately they're never going to keep everyone happy, but the beige stripe is almost universally hated.
Ahem. "Titanium". :)
I'm with the universe; I don't know about the better half, but if we'd had the choice I'd have chosen the black over the dirt-attracting silvery colour.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride

Yes I agree it does get tatty looking but I do keep mine clean in my Redline and it looks fantastic, they could of had atleast both of these as an option and black is boring and doesn't really highlight the interior, they could of atleast just for redline had the black interior with the red stitching to keep the Redline theme going.....

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
i think when i update might be time to get an r8 or gts at least you get the lsa now and i think their will be some good offers on the gts next year as the gen f II missed out any big upgrades

an LSA R8 Clubsport will set you back just over $90k drive away compared to the Redline for just over $61k drive away. I personally think the LS3 Redline sounds better then the whine of the supercharger of the R8 LSA