Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The New Commodore VFII is Coming

M

mwb235

things that I dislike about VFII Sedan (in particular Redline)
no more sports bolster on the seats (i know they went out with my15 changes)
no more two tone/cream leather option for the interior
no red stitching on the seats like their used to be
no CD player - really annoying having to download music which sometimes doesnt have the same quality as CD
no DVD player to watch things on the screen
no DAB radio
didnt fix the centre air vents to stop the driver getting whacked by the sun glare
removed rear seat cup holders that pop out from the base (wonder if I can retro fit them)
no adjustable rear headrests

only comes with black exterior highlights, by that I mean can only be black alloys, no choice of a machine face finish or dark grey finish
only black grille surrounds and stripes - no red option
Redline still running the same style alloys, but rest of range gets new wheels design
optional alloys only come in black (is all this black to mark the death of Holden?)

the fact that there isnt much of a gap anymore between Redline and the other V8 models as they have gotten most of the items Redline had in Series I, its only brembos & FE3 that you cant get on the other SS models.

But I do love the new front bar, the LS3 and the sound it makes, I also dont mind the rear tail lights on the sedan.

Things getting deleted or NLA from the updated model to save $. How very un-Holden (not).

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
I'm sorry but coming from experience we had such a huge backlash when only the two tone trim was offered. So many people wanted a black option back in MY14, so Holden brought it out in MY15. The majority of MY15's were black trim, so they got rid of the beige altogether in MY16.

They're trying to simplify things and unfortunately they're never going to keep everyone happy, but the beige stripe is almost universally hated. We have so many Calais and Caprice buyers who want it taken out. It gets absolutely filthy within no time.

I can believe the trim wasn't popular, although I do actually like it in my Redline. When I got the car home, I coated the light trim in Scotchguard and I've found it has worked well. Might be a suggestion to make to your customers.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
We've made all sorts of recommendations in order to ease people's thoughts about, but a lot of people could never get over it.

We've never had a customer pick the beige over black when buying a Redline.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Ultimately the commodore is a family sedan/wagon and 'work' ute. I could see the titanium being popular in a dedicated sports coupe or saloon where grubby kiddy fingers or dirty tradies arses rarely tread.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
It's not a problem in Calais/Calais V, but in the SSV and Redline it was always a problem. No one wanted the beige stripe in the seats or the door trims (the dash was never that much of a problem).

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Ultimately the commodore is a family sedan/wagon and 'work' ute. I could see the titanium being popular in a dedicated sports coupe or saloon where grubby kiddy fingers or dirty tradies arses rarely tread.
I'm thinking of getting some seat-covers for when dirty tradie arses do work on the car ... :)

Senator01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.2
I got the sheepskin seat inserts. Work a treat and are nice and comfy

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
EA8D3171-EB4C-4600-AB5F-9595FC5D41C8.jpg
My two boxes arrived from JHP this afternoon ... now I can confuse anorak-wearing trainspotting Commodore experts ... "it has VF2 wheels and tail-lights but it has VF bonnet and grille, huh?". :)

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
I had a chance to call into my local dealer to have a look at a series 2 SSV. My current VF is less than 2 years old so I had little intention of trading given the money I have spent on it plus I know I have a good one. It was white with the black wheels. My assessment: tail lights look much better in the flesh but those bonnet vents look cheap as. They would actually stop me buying the car. Maybe if the car was black they would blend in better. Maybe it is just my perception but the wheel to body gap looks larger. Anyhow, happy with my s1 now after seeing the s2.

Bob