Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The New Commodore VFII is Coming

newi

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6 Turbo
Does anyone know if the new VFII is still flex fuel compatible? I know there is no AFM anymore - but was wondering if the V8's would still run on E85?

Its not a deal breaker - I am just interested to know.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Does anyone know if the new VFII is still flex fuel compatible? I know there is no AFM anymore - but was wondering if the V8's would still run on E85?

Its not a deal breaker - I am just interested to know.

E85 went with MY15, it seems Holden have lost interest in it.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Not E85 capable.

Holden tried to use it as a selling point, but it never took off, so they've discontinued offering it across the model range (Captiva was E85 capable as well at one stage, was dropped very quietly for MY14 models). Not enough petrol stations stocked it and just like LPG and diesel powered cars, most customers are scared of change, so they just stick with their 91RON petrol. Only the enthusiasts actually care about what fuel they use and unfortunately they're a dying breed.

99% of people car only about what the car looks like and what the fuel economy sticker says.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
I saw my first one on the road yesterday. Gunmetal grey redline, looked like it already had aftermarket wheels (5 spoke black of some sort).

Looks really good with the new tail lights and bonnet vents/front fascia design! Also rear brembos - win.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
they are out there, have seen a few on the road and my dealer got some VFII Redlines in on Friday night, test drove on Saturday one auto the other manual.

SSV Redline no longer comes with the cream two tone interior which im disappointed in, as that's what I have in my VFI Redline which means you loose the red stitching, the only alloy colour option is black which sucks if you don't like black, all the other models got new rims but Redline had carry over from VFI even the 20'inch option is blac. Also no longer red trims around grille or stripes for VFII which Im disappointed in as I had sights set on get it done. Looks like I will be getting my rims and grille surround painted...

There will also be a few sticker specials over the next year including the new Reserve edition which is just for employees and will follow with either a Bathurst or Panorama edition, as Holden has registered those 2 names as models.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE

308hjute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
That's not Son of a Gun is it? I thought it didn't make the cut, it's not listed as available.

We44pn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Am I the only one who thinks the tail lights and bonnet vents look ricey?
either than that its great

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat

Nope your not the only one. Looks terrible. Like something you got off eBay.

Forum_Lurker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
SSV Redline no longer comes with the cream two tone interior which im disappointed in, as that's what I have in my VFI Redline which means you loose the red stitching, the only alloy colour option is black which sucks if you don't like black, all the other models got new rims but Redline had carry over from VFI even the 20'inch option is blac.

I personally didn't like the cream two tone that was in the original Series I and preferred the black interior in the Series I MY15. The red stitching was nice though.
Also, black wheels work for me.

I like them....

Either way We44pn, I think you're going to see a Series II in black and white, very similar to yours in a few weeks..... ;)