Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] The New P-Plate Rules! Exhaust..

Burger43

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Vs Calais SeriesII & Holden VZ SS MY06 6.0L
hey everyone,
i have recently bought a new car and i am wondering about these new P-Plate regulations/Rules.
it has still got stock extractors, but it has a Single 2.5" Catback Exhaust (it has no brand)

i am not to sure about the new rule:" vehicles that have been modified to increase engine performance" and i dont know if my cars alright or not...

can anybody help me on this one!!!!!!!:bomb:

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Wagon, E36 318is Coupe
Catback exhausts are fine for P platers in Victoria, pretty sure they don't count as performace mods, as long as they comply with noise regs they're ok. Not sure what state you are in but that's all the advice I can offer anyway.

<RaBBiT>

Follow the White RaBBiT>>
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Berlina V8, VS Calais 5spd, VN V8, VR States
yeah im in the same boat as u, i know it says in the laws about the exhaust is a engine mod, but it says aftermarket can be used if stock not possible replacement and meet's emissions and db ruling, bit of a tricky one really, but in all honesty the power gain from a catback is nothing

Burger43

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Vs Calais SeriesII & Holden VZ SS MY06 6.0L
hmmm yeah that is what i was thinking!
and mine is under the noise reg which is all good.

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
p platers in victoria could do anything they want to their car exept the mods to the engine bleck itself, like cams other inblock **** and forced inductions other than that we can do anything
Catback exhausts are fine for P platers in Victoria, pretty sure they don't count as performace mods, as long as they comply with noise regs they're ok. Not sure what state you are in but that's all the advice I can offer anyway.