Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

the new ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
Hey guys just got a new ute vs 1999 5 speed its rather clean i got some plans i have actually just bought a second hand blower and all the bits and pieces to build a new engine the block is already machined 20 thou over so im gonna go maybe so acl forged pistons.It all depends on the boost im gonna run i was probably gonna try for 15 to 17 pound so that should be fun im looking for 300kw ill rake some pics of the engine in a few weeks !

Attachments

• wooop 227.jpg
    wooop 227.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 233
  • wooop 242.jpg
    wooop 242.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 209
  • wooop 225.jpg
    wooop 225.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 227
  • wooop 230.jpg
    wooop 230.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 229
  • wooop 226.jpg
    wooop 226.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 213
  • wooop 244.jpg
    wooop 244.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 189

ute boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Commodore Ute
hey nice ute and deffintly clean

+1 for colour coading the front bumper

intersted on info about how u got the sub mouned. can i hassle u for more info???

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
=]

yeah man cheers to mount that sub i9 used an air hacksaw worked absolutely great but i still havent finished boxing in the frint on the tray so the sub actually works cause at the moment its un boxed and rather crud !!

slutvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Ute series II
ute looks great man really clean. it really suits the black bumper for some reason haha. would also like to hassel you too as to how you went about the sub? i it just hanging out the back in the tray? or are you going to put a water tight box around it or something?

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
!!!

hey cheers! see i like it with the the grey bars aswell its way to mainstream with the white bars! and with the sub its just out in the air but im gonna box that angled part of the front of the tray in tatally air tight and watertight but im thinking that the box is gonna be to big a volume for the sub so im going to section it off so the sub is still punchy! but its not finished yet bro its still a work in progress!!

Leevers

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VS Ute
You do know about using the secondary fuel cell as an enclosure for your ute right..? If not, then if you look behind your seats, you'll see 4 little tabs.. Remove the 2 passanger ones.. Put your hand in, and that you'll see is the seconadary fuel cell. Or lift off the lid in the back of your tray and you'll see. Best place for a sub imo.. No one can see it (perfect for assholes that love breaking into cars).. And also gives off great quality bass.. Enough room to fit an 12" Alpine type R sub.. Just letting you know incase you didnt know, lol. Also invest in a car alarm if you haven't already hey.. Best thing money can buy. I learnt the hard way, and now have a hole in my door under the handle.. (would have preffered a smashed window)

ute boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Commodore Ute
hey realy intersted in were u got ure sub could u post a few more pics of it and how much it sits into the tray.

i might also hav a look there leevers cause ive heard about puttin one there just hav never looked yet.
a job for the weekend after work =D