Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The new work hack

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
lol, low is definitely on it's way. And it will definitely be done panel by panel. Had some long days of late so getting time to do it after work and around noise restrictions can be tricky. It'll get there though. Just ticked over around 1400km and it just feels so much nicer than the last one. The bits I liked are the same and the bits that bugged me are different. Fingers crossed it stays that way!

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
need better neighbours if noise restrictions limit you.....either that or be more threatening lol. I have a bad habit of leaving my compressor on over night and that thing is damn loud when I kicks in. the neighbours know to come and see me or call if I am disturbing them and I will pack up. no complaints yet and I do check up regularly. just get into it dude!!

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
No issue with the neighbours - just don't want to push it. They're fine with late night polishing and the like - I just try not to tempt fate by running the compressor in the wee hours lol. Definitely getting into it this week though. Looking forward to it even though I don't get paid for this one!

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Tinny,

Awesome mate looks tops! Wish your were closer to ACT. Need to get my paint work done...

take it easy dude!

metalpledge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Soo nice man congrats .

OllieTwo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Ute
Nice, tinny, I'm jealous.

Any chance of getting some pics of the tint during the day, I'm trying to decide between 25, 30 and 35% for mine...

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Cheers guys. Really happy with it to be honest.

And Hex, you wouldn't be the first client I've had from ACT - just have to brave the road trip north ;)

Any chance of getting some pics of the tint during the day, I'm trying to decide between 25, 30 and 35% for mine...

I'll take some over the next day or so if I get a chance. IMO, from those options, 25% will look the best - but any thermal or UV benefits will be negligible if you're going with a quality film. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I do miss the darker tint of my old car from a cosmetic perspective but went with 35% to keep it all above board and legal this time.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute

Probably a bit late, but here's the 35% carbon tint in full sun

DSCF4732_zpsc4f508f6.jpg

DSCF4734_zps21e7c81a.jpg

Should be a bit easier to spot on the road now that this is installed...

DSCF4728_zps6de0d1b8.jpg

bradizle

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN CALAIS
Love it mate.. actually saw while driving past your place out the front.. caught my eye.... small world