Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The NRL Sex Scandel

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Matthew Johns is suffering today because, when the incident took place, he was just a member of a minor football team. His first grade days were over and he was playing out the final days of his career. He was not a media personality in the way he is today.

His profile has grown considerably since then, so the damage is now much greater, but if he had never made the name for himself that he has, the publicity over this incident would have never been as great. It would have been another unsavoury NRL sex incident that would have eventually blown away.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
hey girls, just remember, it's ok to have group sex.

nice message being sent there.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'm suprised any Rugby player was able to get that close to a female. I guess only in the company of 20 naked men was it possible :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pack Ute
I'm absolutely sick of this ****.

It is immaterial as to whether or not she "enjoyed" or regretted it later. It was consensual. End of story.

Everyone does things that they later regret. You do NOT have to right to attempt to destroy someone else's life simply because they were involved in something stupid you did.

She was NOT raped and she doesn't even claim that. She just tears up and says "I hate them I hate them I HATE THEM!".

This girl in question falls into one of two categories:
-Money grabbing slut: she probably has some debts she can't afford to pay and remembered that night and thought "oh wow hmmm I might be able to make some cash off this"

-Genuinely traumatised young woman: She may genuinely believe she was traumatised by the experience. Tough luck. She bears equal responsibility to the guys involved for what happened. It was consensual and she needs to own up to her part rather than blaming everyone else around her.

Personally I almost have more issue with the second option. People who refuse to own and take responsibility for their actions and insist on blaming everyone else for their **** ups disgust me.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
hey girls, just remember, it's ok to have group sex.

nice message being sent there.

Why isn't it ok? Many people enjoy group sex and have done for thousand sof years, hell up until the last 20 years it still wasn't frowned upon. All this PC bullshit has sensitised people far too much, how much longer before sex in general is frowned upon.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
I heard she was taking advantage of the NRLs interchange rule lol.

that is comedy gold right there.

I think this story only came to light now, as there was a sex scandal about a month or so ago with some rugby players and some 17yo in some hotel.

All the news places say that this woman wasnt in it for coin, BULLSHIT, someone gave her some cash to spill the beans.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I heard she was taking advantage of the NRLs interchange rule lol.

He hehehe cheeky! :rofl:

garth,

Why isn't group sex ok? What is wrong with it exactly? If someone wants to have sex with multiple parties in one sitting, that's their choice. Might not be the smartest social choice, but there is nothing wrong with it if that's what they want to get upto.

And ok sure, lets say it's not ok, why is it only the bloke that's copping all the flake in the media? Why isn't there some journo in NZ asking the bird "So how does it feel, you have completely screwed up this guys life because 7 years ago you couldn't keep your legs shut and now you can't keep your mouth shut..."

This is very dangerous territory I think, like, if you go out on the town, pick up some bird... have wild monkey sex all night and the next morning she decides she isn't comfortable with what she did... you can end up with the media chasing you around asking why you are so immoral, blah blah blah...

In my eyes, if all parties are adults, and all parties concent... that's the end of the story...

Acclaimed VS

cruising
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Just read in the courier mail today about an AFL team gettin in s**t for getting a stripper. Can someone please tell me what is wrong with hiring a stripper to do her job, the whole article nothing do say if they misbehaved/ sexually harassed/ raped etc the stripper just that they hired one. This article really caught my attention because pritty soon we will be hearing about every single encounter that a sports person has with a female that doesn't end in the most positive way possible.

I can see it coming to 'Tonight on a current affair Ex girlfreind of a rugby player says that when they were dating they ocasionasionly verbally argued, why (insert feminist reporters name here) thinks that he should be banned from playing ever again.'

Sure what ahppened in that hotel in NZ was pritty stupid and could be interpritted as disrespectful to women but the double standards are pritty big with this. Heaps of these girls go out and prey on these players so they can go and brag they had sex with a rugby player. I remember reading that that sharmanye whatever her name is said that she and her freinds went out to deliberately seduce league players becasue they had good bodies and were attractive, could you imagine what would be said if a guy said yeh I go out to have sex with netball players cuz they have nice bodies....... the media would roast him alive!

This is gonna end up with every sport/women issue being somehow related to this matt johns thing no matter how harmless it is (see stripper example above) and it is not going to be pleasant.

If Matt Johns had ended up working as a chipy or a car dealer I bet this whole thing wouldn't have come up again.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
i cant find the exact link for this write up.

UPDATE-

TWO more players have emerged in the Cronulla group sex scandal, with former player Daniel Ninness revealing he went home with the woman after the incident but at no stage had sex with her.

"We were gathered as a team in an establishment in Christchurch. After we left the establishment I returned to my motel," he said.

"I saw a light on in one of my fellow player's rooms and went to see them. I entered the room. I saw the woman in question in the room. I did not see any sexual acts.

"I left the room. We were gathered outside the room and chatting. The woman who was in the hotel room approached me and invited me back to her home. She drove me to her home.

"I did not have sex with this woman. After a short period of time, the woman drove me back to the motel."

Ninness, who now plays for Helensburgh in the Illawarra competition, never played first grade in the NRL but was a promising junior, The Daily Telegraph reports.

Ninness was close friends at the time with former halfback Brett Firman, who along with Johns has been identified as having sex with the then 19-year-old woman.

The Nine Network named a second player who the woman reportedly rejected in favour of requesting a "second turn" with Johns, which Johns said he declined.

The player, who now plays in England, was reportedly the butt of jokes by Sharks players in the week following the sordid hotel incident.

Ex-workmates at the Racecourse Hotel, where the woman worked, have said the teenager boasted of having sex with two local rugby players in the toilets of a nightclub the night before she met with the Cronulla players.

Former Racecourse hotel owner John Butterfield said she "gloated to staff about the great night she had and how she got them into the men's toilets and had a bit of fun with them."

He said the woman spoke for four days about the night she had with members of the Cronulla team.

"She just did nothing but tell all the staff about the great night she had and to put it crudely, had the whole team in bed with her," Mr Butterfield said.

The family of the girl reportedly learned of her involvement for the first time on Friday after being contacted by the Nine network.

Paul Gallen had also walked into the room after numerous players had had sex with the woman but did not take part himself.

Preston Campbell, who was on tour with the Cronulla Sharks during the now infamous tour, said he was not in the room when the sex took place. He said he did not believe players coming forward would help the situation.