Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

Dreamscape

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve v6 omega 2008 3.6l
Thank you all for the info this is all part of a 5 or so year plan to eventually make it a 10 second car/tyre chewer. i do have a few kids so it will all have to be done on tax returns till i can acquire all license required for full crane work.

Dreamscape

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve v6 omega 2008 3.6l
Getting back to the exhaust thread...

It looks like I have 2 options for pre cat sensors. One where the 3 to 1 merge happens and one in the bit of pipe before the cat right after the flange

I did try to upload a pic but it's saying file to large.

Can someone confirm if this is roughly the same placement as stock or Packers please.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It doesn't really matter where the pre-cat sensors go, as long as they are in the main exhaust (not a header pipe) before the cat. Either of your locations will be fine.

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
Okay, protip to everyone out there... Straight-piping a V6 sounds like total arse, especially at the top end.

I did a centre muffler delete on my ute with some E1 Bimodals (which are currently working and do an awesome job at cutting down on drone as they're bloody quiet in a cruise), and whilst it has some pretty awesome (in my opinion at least) tones at say, anything below 3000rpm, The second you start pulling past that you get some really shoite sounding raspiness. It sounds really good if you load it up in third or fourth and slowly let the revs climb, but if you're dumping it, it sounds like the flapping cheeks of an old man's farts. Eugh.

So i've got a question for you exhaust nerds... I know if you wanna kill rasp you should ideally pop some hotdogs (resonators/glasspacks) in the exhaust path. There's a "crossover box" towards the rear of the exhaust centre section (At least that's what my Exhaust shop calls it) and the location where the cenny mufflers were (where there's some straight 2.25" sections now). Ideally I want to stick a cross as close to the headers as possible, but in order to cut out that high-end rasp, where abouts should I stick the hotdogs? Close to the cross or to replace the crossover box at the back?

For reference I can fit about a 12" pair of hotdogs if i was to replace the rear "crossover box" with the doggies. Alternative if I place them where the old Muffler was, I could put much longer ones. Longest I can find from an aussie supplier is 18" in the stock 2.25" mild steel section.

My aim is to warm up the tone a little at the top end and under hard accel.

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
Anyone installed empire system? Just looking at the catback system cause its cheap and covid has buggered me. Got a crapped out baffle on centre muffler

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
I just installed a factory VE V8 ute centre section to replace my absolute arse sounding straight cenny section and with the E1 bimodals?
It sounds G O O D A F

Nice, warm tone. No drone, bit of a bark on downshifts too.

Now the next question is, what's the biggest exhaust tip size that'll fit in a VE Ute? I need four massive pipes in my rear... No homo.

I was thinking 3.5" or maybe 4" double wall flared tips should do nicely.

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
Anyone installed empire system? Just looking at the catback system cause its cheap and covid has buggered me. Got a crapped out baffle on centre muffler

I assume you're talking these ones?

https://empireperformance.com.au/co...catback-exhaust-system?variant=20129258799222

If so, they look alright. Looks to have a cross and two centre doggies. The 3" should make the tone louder and deeper, but I worry about how much these things drone during a cruise, and how much they rasp at the top end due to the lack of a centre muffler.

the vz sandyman

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE manual Commodore ute
Okay, protip to everyone out there... Straight-piping a V6 sounds like total arse, especially at the top end.

I did a centre muffler delete on my ute with some E1 Bimodals (which are currently working and do an awesome job at cutting down on drone as they're bloody quiet in a cruise), and whilst it has some pretty awesome (in my opinion at least) tones at say, anything below 3000rpm, The second you start pulling past that you get some really shoite sounding raspiness. It sounds really good if you load it up in third or fourth and slowly let the revs climb, but if you're dumping it, it sounds like the flapping cheeks of an old man's farts. Eugh.

So i've got a question for you exhaust nerds... I know if you wanna kill rasp you should ideally pop some hotdogs (resonators/glasspacks) in the exhaust path. There's a "crossover box" towards the rear of the exhaust centre section (At least that's what my Exhaust shop calls it) and the location where the cenny mufflers were (where there's some straight 2.25" sections now). Ideally I want to stick a cross as close to the headers as possible, but in order to cut out that high-end rasp, where abouts should I stick the hotdogs? Close to the cross or to replace the crossover box at the back?

For reference I can fit about a 12" pair of hotdogs if i was to replace the rear "crossover box" with the doggies. Alternative if I place them where the old Muffler was, I could put much longer ones. Longest I can find from an aussie supplier is 18" in the stock 2.25" mild steel section.

My aim is to warm up the tone a little at the top end and under hard accel.
fair enough, i'm currently rocking a set of ssv rear muffler that's hooked up by 2 sets of hotdogs on each side, my hotdogs sit between the cross section which does the job well.
here's the video link if you want to listen to the derpy thing