Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

trent142

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 black sv6 ute
Haha yea was just that plate! Removed it then and no vibration! What does the plate even do?

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Probably saves you from becoming a human pole vault, in the event of a catastrophic tail shaft failure. :eek:

trent142

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 black sv6 ute
Probably saves you from becoming a human pole vault, in the event of a catastrophic tail shaft failure. :eek:

but the exhaust is above it and if it were to drop down it would go on the exhaust i think lol.

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
Sv6 Exhaust??

Hey guys.

Sorry if there is already a thread like this, if so could you pass us link please?

So ive saved up to buy an exhaust system. But i cant seem to choose. So i just need opionons and knowledged answers.

1. Is S/S just for looks or does it have a different sound/preformance?

2. Whats the difference between 2.25 and 2.5 ? (XFORCE)

3. Hi flow cats ? what are they, what do they do and can i purchase spertatly ?

Ive been looking at a few on ebay, (exhaust systems) and ive found couple that i cant choose from. *** ALL FOR AN SV6 VE 2009 *****

these are the choices....
1. XFORCE TWIN 2.25" CAT BACK EXHAUST VE V6 COMMODORE SV6 | eBay

2.VE SV6 COMMODORE XFORCE MILD TWIN 21/4" EXHAUST SYSTEM | eBay

My questiosn with exhausts are : Secound one i like because it seamsto be a full system. so is first one full system aswell or just catback? and what is catback,
and the first one says it comes with hi flow cats, do the secound one come with it aswell

Help me out guys, im sick of driving with no exhaust :(

Much aprreciated

Hussy.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Both of those systems are the same thing. Neither is a full system and neither has high-flow cats. "cat back" means that the system goes from the catalytic converters to the rear of the car - forward of that is untouched.

There would be literally a thread started on exhausts each week - flick through them and see what you like. There's heaps of info.

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
OK well really the size differnece depends on how much money you want to through at the car, if your not going to go FI then i would advise to stay at the 2.25. I have the 2.25" xforce system with varex rears but any other decent rear mufflers will do and will have much less drone as the 2.25 xforce system is designed for the sv6 with a larger front muffler (so i have been told) which is designed to reduce drone of there are a decent set of rear mufflers on it.

I would recommend a full system like extractors and CAT and the rest of the exhaust which is catback, changing cats as far as i know cause a check engine light until a tune is complete so you you also might need to invest in a tune.

If you have the cash i would go for a stainless system if your after looks with the gain in power. Im not sure if either come with hi flow cats but a good set of aftermarket ones should to the trick just fine.

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
Well i got them over a year ago as soon as the 2.25 was out, i chose the varex as misses hates loud cars and due to the slight chance of drone as i got the 3 inch varex rear muffler incase i wanted FI later in life. The muffler in closed setting is as quiet as stock which is awesome also when pulling in for breath tests as police wont hear anything so dont cause any trouble.

If your getting it all done at the same time go for the works.

SimoHDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE Commodore SV6 Z-Series - Manual
Varex are illegal I believe...well I think they are in Vic at least.