Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
Page 10 - http://epanote2.epa.vic.gov.au/EPA/Publications.nsf/2f1c2625731746aa4a256ce90001cbb5/c90ec843f3bbbe8fca256d9f00181c59/$FILE/1031.pdf

"It is an offence to own or use a vehicle fitted with a temporary defeat device, inlet port restrictor,
exhaust port restrictor or temporary noise reduction device. These devices, when fitted to the exhaust
system, can temporarily and easily change or vary the level of noise emitted from the exhaust.
Examples include variable exhaust restrictors, cutouts, bypasses, adjustable/variable/sliding
openings on mufflers, restrictive or temporary insert plates and steel wool. "

Seriously this has been mentioned several times, no need to mention it again, whats it to you if its illegal or not? its not on your bluddy car.

The way i see it yes if your hooning around then your bound to be caught for other reasons not just for the damn muffler. Dont give the police anything to complain about and they will never know. leave it at that.

SimoHDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE Commodore SV6 Z-Series - Manual
He asked, I gave him a link to why they are deemed illegal.

It's nothing to me, but hey some people might like to know that the mod they are doing is illegal.

Allistaire

Reaction score
Members Ride
f6
Xforce 2.25 Exhaust for SIDI 3.6 Sound

Hey is there anyone who lives on the Goldcoast or Brisbane that has a SV6 or like model with an Xforce 2.25 inch system ? If so any chance that we could meet up so i can hear it. I know there are vids on youtube but they dont always sound the same in real life.

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
Just do it bro, i have a 2.25 Stainless Xforce on my SIDI SV6 its the best sounding V6 holden i have heard.

i love it to death. reall crisp note no drone reasonably quiet for day to day driving but if you bury your foot into it she roars along. :)

SSV Redline

You Ride I Ride
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SSV Redline Sportwagon
I dont own a 6 but I do have some useful advice. Go to the car park of the Munch Inn at Acacia Ridge next Friday night, chase down the owners of the SV6's (theres plenty) and ask what systems they are running. Then you will get plenty options and make a better informed decision. I hope to be there in a supercharged DB5, if not, then my wife's Karma SSV wag.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
I've got a 2.25inch Xforce Mild Steel Cat back system on my SIDI Ute.
I love the sound, for a 6, it does sound good!
My car is an Auto, and it drones a bit :(

jasons sv6

jason
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute sv6
Hey mate,
I Also got the 2.25 X-force cat back on my sv6, apsolutly hated it!!
However everyone else that got the same system loves it. I have since replaced the rear mufflers with stright pipes. I am 10x happier with it now.

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
Hey mate,
I Also got the 2.25 X-force cat back on my sv6, apsolutly hated it!!
However everyone else that got the same system loves it. I have since replaced the rear mufflers with stright pipes. I am 10x happier with it now.

By the sound of it you were just chasing volume!