Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
not sure if the SIDI and normal alloytec are the same, but hussysv6 they will fit upto stock cats in the alloytec, you just have to cut the flanges, Should be able to get them installed for $100 anywhere.

BONES SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 UTE
Ve sv6 exhaust mod

Does anyone know the perfect exhaust system set up for the 195kw sv6 ute and how much will it set me back?

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
Well i was going to buy 2.25 xforce mildsteel catback, then get extractors .... 600-800 for exhaust, 400 for extractors ,but i was JUST told by KUZMAN that its a waste of money and this is what he said to do :

ok first up, don't bother with an OTR, you will loose power on the alloytecs. Just get a airhammer cai, or maybe a K&N cai and you will be fine, much cheaper too. As far as your exhaust, the SV6's have em pretty perfect from factory, just get new mufflers, extractors, cats and cut out the crimp/hotdog section and replace with straight pipe. You will save yaself alot of money and the end result will be the same.

edit: and get yaself an underdrive pulley. It'll probably do more than a few of those mods.

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
Does anyone know the perfect exhaust system set up for the 195kw sv6 ute and how much will it set me back?

whatever you do just dont go bigger than 2.25, you can have the stock exhaust and just remove the 2" crimped section or you can go for the xforce 2.25 which is made for the v6's sound wont be much of a difference but the xforce kit has a much larger front muffler and an xpipe somewhere going of memory i think.
I Personally went for the xforce kit as i found the sound to be much lower and not as tinny as modifying the original exhaust system

It all depends on how much you want to spend, i went all out on full stainless setup and coated pacemaker extractors. The stainless exhaust looks awesome from behind.

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
haha saw a black SV6 ute down wollongong a couple of days ago, i swear it had a 2.5-3" exhaust on it, sounded awful, couldnt tell it apart from a ricer if i didnt look at it :p

so yeah....dont do this ^ (also had chev badges on it)

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Find a good exhaust shop and get it done there..I dont buy exhausts from the net cos i dont trust them and if its not right it can be a pain.. There are only 2 shops hear near me that i trust and they do a great job..

I LIKE COMMODORES

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08.5 SV6
sv6 with chev badges is just failed lol.... Heres how i did it on a budget.

Firstly i sourced a clubsport set of rear mufflers for spares, than chopped the stock ones up just after the bend and before the actual muffler. Now I've got a straight pipe and a tip the rear and it sounds pretty good. Thats with stock manifold and pipes.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
r the xforce 2.25 which is made for the v6's sound wont be much of a difference but the xforce kit has a much larger front muffler and an xpipe somewhere going of memory i think.

try and avoid xforce. apperently apart from the fact they are **** quality the Xpipe actually robs power, soop did an experiment with one for an LS1 and he gained power and responce from removing the Xpipe.