Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Varex is illegal and restrictive just fyi

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Varex are a gimmick, nothing more. They are restrictive and sound like ****.

Allistaire

Reaction score
Members Ride
f6
Varex isnt worth it $$$ , and it isnt technically legal , also it has to be restrictive . The problem with asking people what sounds the best is everyone has a differant idea what sounds good and everyone has differant wallet sizes . I have a hitech 2.5inch cat back with high flow cats and Pacemakers and i think my system sounds good , but my 14 year old brother likes the xforce . Still looking for someone who likes the sound of the Varex i think the HSV bimodel sounds better .

bundabergsangel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6 Ute

Thanks for that but I'd already taken a look at those links and none really seemed to answer my question about the 3" varex on a v6.

I'm thinking of popping into the exhaust place I went to (who suggested a system he'd "knock up" for me for $700) later today and seeing what he says this time. Being a chick though I often feel that they try to take me for a ride...so I don't know if I trust them to just free rein it.

I've been looking through youtube this morning and theres a couple of nice clips of Xforce catback systems on V6s ... though i've heard many people whining about Xforce. Srely they can't be THAT bad if they've got such a big name built up?

adamrollo9

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 HSV Clubsport
i spent 2700 on my exhaust its a full pacemaker system, stainless steel, its between 2.25 and 2.50. I'll get a video up soon,

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Xforce systems are popular because they're cheap and do the job well enough. There are better systems out there, it just depends if you can justify spending the extra cash for the benefits of a better system. If you're just after sound, then it's pretty much pointless changing the whole system in a 6 as the stock system flows fine for it's needs. What RUF (and Kuzman) said is correct.

For instance RUF's car sounds insane - easily one of the best sounding VE V8s I've heard - but I know how much it cost him also! haha So in that instance it's worth the extra cash - because it sounds mental and he's set up for any power mods he wants to do in the future, like cams or forced induction or whatever - but for extra noise on a V6, a basic muffler swap is ample - possibly with the centre muffler deletes like on Kuz's ute.

And a 3 inch varex system on a stock V6 is a retarded idea, intended to rip you off. I'd be shopping elsewhere, if I'm honest.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Put an xpipe in where the crimps were and change the rear cans. I went with Berklee 'cos the tips looked better but also a little quieter. If you have an auto then be prepaired for resonance under 2000rpm...which in the SIDI is 60-80km/h in 5th and 6th gears (which is suburban). It is good if you drive it in manual mode (or have a manual) but in full auto it's ordinary. I've found that this problem could be resolved slightly by swapping in a 3.7 diff. This had three effects: It moved the RPM at any speed roughly 300RPM higher in the rev range therby reducing said resonance and also moving the avg cruising speed closer to the RPM torque peak; And most importantly it made much more fun to drive :)

So the moral to this is that if you spend $500 or even $2500 on your exhaust it may well be ####'n annoying so you'll have to spend another $2000 on a diff to fix it.:idea:

RUF-60L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
For instance RUF's car sounds insane - easily one of the best sounding VE V8s I've heard - but I know how much it cost him also! haha So in that instance it's worth the extra cash - because it sounds mental and he's set up for any power mods he wants to do in the future, like cams or forced induction or whatever

aww thanx tinny, makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside :D

and yes, lets not talk about how much i paid >_>

hENDO911

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS-Z
Omega Exhaust System

Hi Guys,

At the moment i have a ve omega and was wondering if it would look good with an SV6 exhaust system put on it or a twin system,

any help???