Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The OFFICIAL VE ALLOYTEC V6 SUPER MASSIVE FUN HAPPY TIME exhaust thread!!!!!!!11!!!!

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Sounds nice at lower RPM!

chandler1390

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sidi SV6 Ute
I got pacies up front (extractors) and the full xforce 2.25 system with the varex rear mufflers and the sound is awesome. only issue is fully opened there is a drone between 2400 rpm and 2600rpm. When the thing is closed you cant here a damn thing from anywhere its awesome and the misses stays happy

awesome, thats exactly what im looking for, want the sound, but when our friends in blue pull me up for 'RBT reasons only' i can say she's a stocker mate
any chance of getting a vid of it mate, and is it the non-sidi?

Last edited:

Berlina VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Hi guys i am in need of some sv6 Rear Mufflers i have put the ss full system on aswell as the quad Rear Mufflers and it is a bit loud and all so Droney.

Cheers

chandler1390

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sidi SV6 Ute
well today, i took just the rear boxes off my ute and ran around town and i must say, sounds nice, absolutely nothing on back off or overlap, but a little bit of drone at low revs, but sounds peach at the top end, sadly had to put them back on seeing how i am nerveous of the police pulling me up with out them and according to my mate (standing on the side of the road out of town... of course) he said his ears ringed at full noise in 3rd and changing up to 4th
there was a small change in the power, but it was obviously noticeable, so maybe just a straight pipe with a tip from the 90degree bend and extractors?

johnnysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
VE SV6 exhaust

Hi guys, i just got a question wanna ask hope you can give me some advise here.
I drive a 2008 VE SV6 (SEDAN) Auto, everything is stock except recently i put on a 2.25" x-force cat-back exhaust. I'm not happy with the sound after installation because im after some loud exhaust note and loud growl sound. What your guys suggest me to do now after installed cat-back exhaust in order for me to get the sound i want.

Many thanks

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
Some extractors and high flow cats would help you get a deeper note . But if your just after a loud exhaust change your rear mufflers to a more free flowing type.

brad87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan 200SX S14
If u make an SV6 loud, it'll sound like ass, trust me. They're known for it. You'll never get it to sound like a 350Z or similar V6. Too loud and they just sound like something ain't right.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
i thought the 2.25" sounded good when i had it on my 2008 VE SV6, although mine was a manual ute.

check out this thread, might give u some ideas. i haven't read through it all so i don't know if any of it is relative to u Just got 2.5 xforce full system~ not happy

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
without adding things like headers and cats, you basically need to delete things, ie, cut out mufflers. Pull the rear mufflers off (easiest - just 4 bolts) and drive around for a while. If you like that, just fit some straight pipes and tip it. If that's then too loud or drones a lot (probably will - but you might like it), then put them back on and get the centre mufflers cut out and replaced with straight pipe (will probably also drone though).