Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

the old 1982 VH

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Exif-JPEG-420.jpg

I Went and visited my uncle and cousins yesterday. This was brand new the first time I rode in it , when I was a kid I went a lot of places with my uncle he taught me alot about cars working on the family's commodores this one has never had much done to it for the 320 k k's on it now. It hadn't moved in 10 years the uni's have seized up from sitting around. Theres about 1/2 a dozen blokes trying to buy it the uncle said, one appeared yesterday and pointed out to my uncle we his nephews were all Taliban and don't deserve it and will rape it by putting a v8 in it. About 10 years ago I had the v8 running gear to put in it the uncle wouldn't give it to me then.
I don't think Ive ever driven this one punishment for telling him it was gutless in 1984 and he thinks I'm a **** of a driver. I let him drive my 4wd once did he flog it, do as I say not as I do same as he did when he tested drove my oldmans car after fixing it thrashed the guts out of it every-time.
When I got there we all sat in the kitchen for about 20 minutes no one said anything until we went out to the shed and seen the ole vh. I think we liked it more than we like each other.
He wouldn't let us park our toyatas on his concrete of course.
Ill go there and clean it up this week do some unis , brakes then buy into the gearbox syncro on 2nd was gone in the 90's Its never been fixed he drove 1st to 3rd for years.
No one can remember why we changed the original radio or what happened to it .The motor stared idled all right, ac still works
On Christmas day 2012 he commended all of our commodores when he brought his diesel Cruz which hes driven 300K k's it still looks brand new apart from brakes and a few services hes done nothing else to it surprising I thought cruz were dungers. My uncle did say we used to work on the old commodores alot more and he didn't do it because he had nothing else to do.
He's decided he wants to drive it around the block or something . Theres not a dint on the vh the inertia is good as I left the uncle pointed at a dint on my car and said your'e as bad as your oldman. I won't be getting the commodore if the uncle is feeling well the day we get it going I wont be allowed to drive it he likes it better than me.
The sl 2.85 speed lasted the longest out of all the family commodores it may as well stay as is . My uncle did maintain it and look after it pretty well the odometer on it was fixed and it got a heater core at some stage. The rest of the family commodores were sold to the wreckers or paddock bashed.
My Uncle is 77 and going to find a worthy owner for it I think, he didn't say it but hes thinking if I let any of have it'll be rooted by the end of the year.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
My dad took delivery of his VH in Jan '82.

I learnt to drive in that car.

Then he traded it on an EA :mad:

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
My dad took delivery of his VH in Jan '82.

I learnt to drive in that car.

Then he traded it on an EA :mad:

Pretty much the same story as my old man.

Aaaah the EA, the only car that dripped oil onto the serpentine belt from factory and Ford never acknowledged it as a problem.

I used to remember hearing the naighbourhood squeal in the mornings as all the EA owners started their rigs up.

Was all well and good until the cam snapped in half idling at the traffic lights lol, terrible cars.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
And is their a moral to your story ? ;)
Have a shave wash the car more than once a year and don't drive a white Toyota.
He did say at one point he hasn't seen any of us with a clean car in the last 10 years.
Ill post a few pics of it when we clean it up and get it going I have many memory's of this car.