Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The ones that got away= be it sold / wish you hadn't or at the time had coin and wished now should have !!!!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
So I'll start = the list is long .
A little background.
Earlier in the week ( a very long conversation with my youngest brother) = he has a MGA and a Rover P3 = was going to sell both= thanks to him and his missus the MGA is staying .
Me talking = if sell ( the Rover = HE's pretty certain will ) buy ETC =something else classic = to replace.
We observably chatted . bikes , cars = Me trying to inspire/keep /reinvest.

Got me thinking again About a Moto Guzzi Galletto a super innovative 1948 scooter = have always wanted one .
A couple I could have afforded ATT = 2015 =certainly/ probably wouldn't have the Maloo now though !!
A few Holdens classic but !!!
These aoursome bikes !!!!

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Had this for 31 years and even the wife agrees I will never get rid of it, even if I make it to 90. The RD 400 is my pride and joy. I haven't ridden it for over 12 months and not sure when I will again. Gammy left hand makes it extremely hard to work the clutch for more than a couple of laps.

1650544357054.png

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
I've had a few that I passed up, still kick myself over them.

2002: XW GT - $16,000. Needed a full resto but was matching numbers, registered and driveable. I was working remote at the time and had nowhere to store it.

2003: VN Group A - $30,000. Walked past a car yard and this was sitting out front. Had about 130,000km on it from memory and was a bit rough. It all checked out and all the expensive bits were there. I was saving for a house deposit. Procrastinated about it for the rest of the day. Next morning I called the yard saying I'll buy it, too late, was sold late previous afternoon after I had looked at it.

Went through a period in 2012 - 2013 where I wanted to buy a classic Porsche 911 or an Alfa Romeo 156 1750 or 2000 GTV. Could pick them up in good nick for around $30-$40k. Inspected a late 70's Porsche 930 Turbo for $30k which needed a rebuild. Pretty soon after I got made redundant, first kid came along, had to move for work and generally life got in the way for the next 5 years. In that time, the cost of those cars almost tripled. A mint 930 these days is a $200k buy in minimum.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
I wanted one of these so much when it came out, but couldn't justify the spend.
Regularly touted as the best handling hot hatch ever.
Plastic windows, no rear bench, rollcage.

There are still a few around (in the UK at least) but they don't come up often.

220708-1-ren.thumbnail.jpg

I'm also glad I got my clubby when I did. Prices are crazy now

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You had to start this thread. Now we must pick the scabs of the hurt we long thought healed.

My HX panel van and my HZ wagon. I wish I had the space to just have them stored.

Also had most of a Honda S600 (except the body) in new (in Honda bags) or reconditioned. Ended up ditching it all because no one wanted to buy them! Got in touch with the Honda club and everything. I wish I kept it all. There’s a guy in the US That collects S600 cars and parts. He would have been happy to take them.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
!966 Triumph Bonneville that I owned for many years. Turned it into a cafe racer with alloy barrels that made it a 750. Beautiful bike to ride. I'm well passed wanting to ride a bike but still admire the look of the bike. Mk 2 Jag with a triple carb 4.2 litre that was quicker than a E type around the track. I wouldn't mind still owning it but parts were very dear. 1972 HG Ute that was a six but I had a cammed 308 fitted. With konis and decent tyres it was great to drive. I wish I still owned it. Of the cars I own now they are all nice to drive but the VH is the stand out. It was originally bought for my wife because she would drive the Mk 2 at 50 kmph in overdrive. Now she doesn't want to drive the VH because it's modified and that's fine by me.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
I had a pretty rare 88 Nissan Cima cedric turbo, had it for years but it copped a small hit in the door and I let it go instead of fixing it.
It had so many werid options for it's day; factory adjustable air suspension, rear window curtains, bi modal exhuast and best of all it was a 4 door pillarless sedan.
I'd love to import another one from Japan.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1650583075522.jpg
    FB_IMG_1650583075522.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 96

Shangus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Magnum, VFII CalaisV, VEII SV6, VZ X6 tonner
I had saved enough coin from working school holidays that at 17 years of age I bought my first car, a second hand HQ GTS ute. It was bright yellow, loud, rusty and had a sluggish 253. I loved it, but a year later the Victorian government changed the rules and banned P platers from driving a V8. I reluctantly sold it. Still miss it

Dodgy_Davo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0
Yeah there's been a few... One being a HX LE coupe I decided not to buy at the time for around 8k or so as it was a little untidy cosmetically - circa 1994-95....

More recently traded in my LS3 clubby for peanuts pre covid just before HSV prices went insane....

But I sometimes think about that damn HX and how much id want that bad boy sitting in the driveway now

HX_LE.jpg