Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Props-giving Thread

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Ok well I went to two places today. Supercheap auto and Autopro. I was after windscreen wipers. Anyway, me being fairly new to working on cars and stuff, I wanted to have some help to make sure I got the right thing and they would fit and everything. So I went to supercheap thinking hey, they should have got service and might be cheaper than Autopro. So I went into the shop. Five minutes had passed, and there was no service past the counter. I sat there staring at windscreen wipers thinking "I could get that.... Or I could get that."

Then I thought... hang on a second, nobody has even asked me if I need help. Forget it, I'll go to Autopro.

I've been to Autopro before and you can't even have walked into the shop for 30 seconds without having someone ask if you need service. Anyway, the bloke who served me asked if the car was here. I said yes, and took him out to look at it. He told me how the windscreen wipers clip on and showed me and stuff, we took the blades inside, he looked through the stock to find the right size and fitting for me and everything. I asked about some speakers and he gave me some recommendations, we had a quick chat about amps and how the overhead in the power amps can provide creates a better sound because when the speaker peaks the amp still has room to move, without clipping, etc.

Anyway. My props go to Autopro at West Gosford, NSW. Great service every single time I've been there.

Also, the guys at Autobarn at Erina are also great I've had excellent service every time I've been there as well.

My recommendation would be if you know exactly what you're after then Supercheap might be the way to go, but if you want service then go to Autobarn or Autopro or something.

So... Who do you guys recommend?

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
There is a Sprint Auto not far from my place, and the guys there are always very helpfull.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
ive been in my local supercheap looking for help on something (cant remember what it was) and the sales staff seemed more interested in throwing empty boxes at each other then helping me. but then again... thats what happens when you employ teenagers on minimum wage...

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yeah I don't like supercheap, a mate of mine that knows a fair bit about cars went for a job there and got told he wasn't suitable. Yet when the new staff were released there were people that wouldn't know jack about them... Just how to rice them up.

On another instance, to mates of mine went in looking at head units, they asked one guy if they knew if this particular HU had random, and he said he didn't know. So they started touching and looking for themselves, he then simply said please don't touch the head units as they are very expensive.

They walked out.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
QUOTE (bextor84 @ Apr 9 2004, 09:50 AM) he then simply said please don't touch the head units as they are very expensive.
is he kidding? whats the brand? soundvox? or california gold? i dont consider 80 bucks to be expensive for a HU! and isnt the idea of a soundboard in a store so you can try out the unit so you know what it sounds like?

maybe the guy wanted to sound like he knew everything...

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I dont like supercheap always rude,

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
supercheap suck i have baught two items from them numberplate surrounds that didnt fit had to modify them and a waterpump for a vs which they sold me the wrong one

it was a lot better when it was rocca bros at least you got customer service.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
QUOTE (VSUTE @ Apr 9 2004, 08:55 AM) ive been in my local supercheap looking for help on something (cant remember what it was) and the sales staff seemed more interested in throwing empty boxes at each other then helping me. but then again... thats what happens when you employ teenagers on minimum wage...
thats exactly what it is like at my supercheap there is a manager looking guy there all the time and i go mate could i get a hand thanks and i either just get ignored for a minute or get decides to come over and help me and even then it is only a half assed effort....i find it easier to try myself first and if i really need to ask them :S

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
i find it so annoying when you are in a store and ask for help and the person you ask acts as if it is a hassle. either that or when you see the 34 year old manager flirting with his 16 year old staff member!