Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The question again...VF Clubby or VF2 SSV Redline

Bulldognz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Blue meanie replica
At the moment i'm leaning towards the VF2 but welcome people's thoughts. I'm wondering if resale on the VF2 will be better than normal commodores given it's the last and best etc.

Martyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
The resale on both of these vehicles will be excellent. I can already see how the VF I holds it's value a LOT better than my VE II did.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Don't expect resale to be stellar on either, just better than Commodores have been since the late 80's to early 90's when new prices were going up so quickly that resale looked good (but only because the new version of what you were trading was so much more expensive). It'll probably be around about a mid-level Mazda3's resale, IMHO.

Now VF2 prices are moderately fixed, as there aren't many around the used market.
But resale on the Clubby kinda depends what you're buying it for. Most of the asking-prices for demo & new stuff sitting around dealers look high to me, and I assume they're very negotiable. But also remember that if you're looking at a non-R8, it'll be missing equipment that the Redline has.

I think you really need to drive whatever it is you're looking at buying, and see which you prefer. You'll also get to see the equipment that's present/missing that way. Then decide which you think is worth putting your money into. Don't worry too much about resale ... as long as you don't pay too much (and I've seen some 3yo 80k kms Clubbies with ~$55k asks - you'd never pay that, that's just stupid), guessing at resale is just gambling.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Series 1 VF HSV's will not be sought after VF and LSA has done that

Any Vf II will be resonalbe being the last

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Neither will be "sought after" for 30 years. However, the fact that Gen-F is used means you lose some of that initial depreciation, and there's no reason a Gen-F R8 should ever be worth anything but MORE than a VFII with the same mileage & condition.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
Neither will be "sought after" for 30 years. However, the fact that Gen-F is used means you lose some of that initial depreciation, and there's no reason a Gen-F R8 should ever be worth anything but MORE than a VFII with the same mileage & condition.

In 30 years there may well be no cars at all.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
you get a whole lot of car in the redline and is better priced than HSV. If you are going to change things on a HSV, then you are better off buying a redline and the money you save can go into mods.

In saying that, I went and saw my HSV Dealer. for the LSA Cubsport in how I want it optioned will cost me $95k, the redline which has everything I want and don't have to add as many options as the HSV, the redline comes to $60k

I have better things to spend the extra $35k on.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
you get a whole lot of car in the redline and is better priced than HSV. If you are going to change things on a HSV, then you are better off buying a redline and the money you save can go into mods.

In saying that, I went and saw my HSV Dealer. for the LSA Cubsport in how I want it optioned will cost me $95k, the redline which has everything I want and don't have to add as many options as the HSV, the redline comes to $60k

I have better things to spend the extra $35k on.

I'm in a similar position. Drove the LSA R8 and it was stellar, but with a $5000 power upgrade and $3000 for HSV seats you get s very similar package with the Redline for about $65k total.

Rikes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Went through the same thing, LSA Clubby or VF2 Redline with supercharger
Both have the same interior, Clubby slightly bigger seats.
Wanted a 500Kw car so:
LSA Clubby
Was quoted $95,000 on road 400Kw
Performance mods $7,500.00
$103,000 on road 500Kw Clubby
VF2 Redline
$55,000 on road 310Kw
Supercharger and mods $17,000
$72,000 on road 500Kw Redline

Couldn't justify the extra $30,000
When you add in maintenance costs on the HSV..........brakes every 40,000Km at $1500 per corner!
Plus the Clubbies have ugly wheels and Sat Nav is extra
I got the VF2 Redline and supercharged it.
The other thing with the clubby was the $8000 luxury car tax
I'm more than happy with my choice, especially after driving someone's LSA Clubby the other day.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
If you want auto the HSV has the better box. Which means you can turn up the power and beat it

400 rwkw will std 6 speed will turn the box to ****