Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
Beer is an acquired taste, generally when you are younger you will choose mixed spirits and mix stupid ratio's to get drunk really fast, once you start having just a quiet drink or two at the end of the day you will realise that smirnoff and yagerbombs are not a wind-down drink and that buying a slab of decent beer is an economical way to go, also cheap beer is usually very average compared to a half decent beer, eg. vb tastes like piss, TED's is a decent mid-range beer as well as XX dos equis etc etc.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
I don't like any alcohol I'm a weird teenager. I dot see the need to et drunk or drink alcohol.
At my age it's more of a peer pressure (be cool) kinda thing which I don't really ever give into.

Never smoked.
Never taken drugs

I have drank alcohol just every now and then to see if maybe I started liking it out of nowhere but nope. Tastes yuck, although I do like the after taste.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
I'm not a huge beer drinker but I do love having a beer while cooking. Trying Beez Neez at the moment. Not a bad beer at all. Kinda got sick of drinking coronas all the time.

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
I don't like any alcohol I'm a weird teenager. I dot see the need to et drunk or drink alcohol.
At my age it's more of a peer pressure (be cool) kinda thing which I don't really ever give into.

Never smoked.
Never taken drugs

I have drank alcohol just every now and then to see if maybe I started liking it out of nowhere but nope. Tastes yuck, although I do like the after taste.

Ohwow, exactly like me <3 no homo

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
So you can really taste a big difference in beers?
Only difference I've noticed with some are that some make your mouth dry.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
So you can really taste a big difference in beers?
Only difference I've noticed with some are that some make your mouth dry.

There are a wide range of different kinds of beers and yes you can absolutely taste the difference.

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Yes they don't all taste like crap lol. Corona with a slice of lime is good but not to everyones taste.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Beer is an acquired taste, generally when you are younger you will choose mixed spirits and mix stupid ratio's to get drunk really fast, once you start having just a quiet drink or two at the end of the day you will realise that smirnoff and yagerbombs are not a wind-down drink and that buying a slab of decent beer is an economical way to go, also cheap beer is usually very average compared to a half decent beer, eg. vb tastes like piss, TED's is a decent mid-range beer as well as XX dos equis etc etc.

Why is everyone so hostile about VB? I actually drink it like water, id rather it over the more expensive "boutique" beers people drink...

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
Why is everyone so hostile about VB? I actually drink it like water, id rather it over the more expensive "boutique" beers people drink...

Mates of mine would drink it when we were younger and I can't stand it, just not to my tastes at all, as I said I usually drinking Toohey's Extra Dry or XX Dos Equis.