Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Funny is, my State have NO Emission Test. Most midwest USA States does not have them. Is a California crock of shît.

So you are saying legislating and testing for a reduction in NOx or SOx is a bad idea?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
You'd just carry some spare? Like petrol, water, tyres etc..

If you know about it. Some unhappy chappies on the Ford forums did not know back when they were released, not the most popular feature of owning a current diesel.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
If you know about it. Some unhappy chappies on the Ford forums did not know back when they were released, not the most popular feature of owning a current diesel.

Well, you know, Ford drivers :p

I thought dealers were legally obligated to provide key info on purchase? I would think that AdBlu would be on that list.
I'm glad my Mr Bishi diesel has no DPF or DEF systems... Just the EGR to worry about...

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
So you are saying legislating and testing for a reduction in NOx or SOx is a bad idea?

Did not said that. What I said, according to studies, is not necessary. Cars now days run way cleaner and make way more power than 30 or even 40 years ago. As long you do not tamper with the vehicle is fine without testing. The car is runing diagnostics every second, some goes wrong, it will let you know. So why wasting tax payer's cash on worthless smog checks just to state the obvious. Unless... the State wants to gouge you for some Cash (extotion) with overregulations and overreach. Do you believe their equipement is calibrated properly, that is accurate? A Gov Sticker is just a Sticker, means shît. I can take a big dump and let the Gov to certify my big ass dung, still a dung, right? But that sticker makes it an official and aproved dung.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT

On new Diesels, you need to be willing to take the Piss fluid. I will see if I can find a tuner to delete that crap. It just add to the cost per miles.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I thought dealers were legally obligated to provide key info on purchase?

As a Ford owner, ummm, dunno.
When we collected our Territory Ghia, it was "There's the keys, there's your car," possibly because I had refused to play silly buggers with paint treatment, interior treatment, rust proofing, and extended warranty. Didn't even get a cup of complimentary instant coffee. :(
It was the worst delivery of a new car that I have experienced, but missus was happy with her new car, all that really mattered.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I thought dealers were legally obligated to provide key info on purchase?

As a Ford owner, ummm, dunno.
When we collected our Territory Ghia, it was "There's the keys, there's your car," possibly because I had refused to play silly buggers with paint treatment, interior treatment, rust proofing, and extended warranty. Didn't even get a cup of complimentary instant coffee. :(
It was the worst delivery of a new car that I have experienced, but missus was happy with her new car, all that really mattered.

Ford Stealers are a law unto themselves. They sold me an EF with a blown head gasket and bananad head. Tried to claim warranty but was told too bad not covered Thanks Very Much Mr Jarvis....

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Guys... for what I read, any dealer in down under is that bad? Is like I rather have a donkey than any car.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
So why wasting tax payer's cash on worthless smog checks just to state the obvious.

What about the less law abiding people who would mod it straight out of the dealership?
I'm constantly amazed Victoria doesn't have any real post sale checks apart from police stops. Everything else is so regulated, who would think they would pass up some annual revenue for checking every car out there.

It just add to the cost per miles.

Oh and reduces harmful emissions. But you know who cares about other peoples lungs

BrettP75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais S1 6.0Ltr
Guys... for what I read, any dealer in down under is that bad? Is like I rather have a donkey than any car.
Yeah car salesmen here in Australia have a very bad reputation but TBH that’s probably a global problem