Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Peak power or average power?
And is that for an elite rider or for your average joe?

Elites can do over 2000w for a short time, and some can sustain 350w or so for 4hrs.
Average person may get to 1000w for 2 seconds and then average 150-200w for 40mins.
*personally have done a peak of 1300w after 25kms of riding some challenging terrain.

So i guess performance figures depend on the engine source :p

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Your Lambo would most likely perform much better than mine.
On road balance handling, and weight distribution would be a large factor in your favour, also your preferenced fuel would be a higher octane.
No doubt there is a formula for converting Kilojoules input to Kilowatts output, and the octane rating available from Kettle Chips and Coke would be far lower than a steak, salad and beer. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Custom number plates...
When peeps use a number as a substitute for a letter of the alphabet
like the #5 for an S
lolz

Went to pick up some grub from the local Thai cafe, 'cos they make really good food :p
So, there's 9 peeps sitting at one of the tables, ages probably early to mid 20's
Two were chatting, the other 7 were sitting there with their faces embedded into their mobile phones.
Why bother going out to dinner with friends if ya gonna just sit there with ya face in ya phone?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I do that, but instead of being on stupid Snap Chat or FB, posting a pic of the food I'm about to eat, I'm on JC, because I like talking about cars and I like seeing what others are doing to their cars.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Why bother going out to dinner with friends if ya gonna just sit there with ya face in ya phone?

Texting each other.

Agree, is very stupid to hang out and be quiet farting around with the mobile device.

I have no Snap, FB, Twitter or any social media application or membership. Only forums and turn off the notifications. The only time I see some is when I get in the forums.

Reactions: Lex

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
This not a photo that I took, and I know nothing about birds ( but I know that they are not magpies or emus) ..............

a colorful bird perched on top of a parrot: Many birds use a lot of energy to stay cool in the heat of the day, and only forage when it's cool. (Supplied: Mick Roderick, BirdLife Australia)

........... but in our BBQ area, we have some large Banksias, and this has been visited by a mob of these during the past few months, and they have become so used to sitting in the branches eating the Banksia brushes that they don't take any notice of us in the same area.
They will let us approach to about a metre before they take off.
Noisy buggers. By using logic, I think the screechers are the females, and the ones quietly eating are the males.
Only in 'Straya ??

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
This not a photo that I took, and I know nothing about birds ( but I know that they are not magpies or emus) ..............

a colorful bird perched on top of a parrot: Many birds use a lot of energy to stay cool in the heat of the day, and only forage when it's cool. (Supplied: Mick Roderick, BirdLife Australia)'s cool. (Supplied: Mick Roderick, BirdLife Australia)

........... but in our BBQ area, we have some large Banksias, and this has been visited by a mob of these during the past few months, and they have become so used to sitting in the branches eating the Banksia brushes that they don't take any notice of us in the same area.
They will let us approach to about a metre before they take off.
Noisy buggers. By using logic, I think the screechers are the females, and the ones quietly eating are the males.
Only in 'Straya ??
They are lorikeets, a native parrot Not this year but in previous years we have had them eat out of our hands. They like sunflower seeds

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Thought briefly about putting some seed out for them, but I am reluctant to provide anything that is not 'natural'.
There is a bird bath under the Banksias, but I have never seen a bird drinking from it, or getting wet in it.

Edit ........ Google tells me that they cost $400 > $700 for a caged lorikeet. :mad:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Went for a drive in the CV8 garage queen this morning to circulate its oil and my bloodstream, and made the mistake of driving past RAAF Williamtown …… on the last day of the F/A-18 Hornets service.
There must have been 1,000 illegally parked cars on the side of the roads around the end of the airstrip.
Picnic chairs and eskys at the ready for the final flypast.

And I am thinking “Doesn’t seem that long ago that the first one arrived” and remembering how amazed we all were when it did a ‘garbage run’ over the base, all the wheels and bits hanging down, and at a such slow speed it should have fallen out of the sky when compared to a Mirage.
(Bluddy’ell ……… on my first posting to Williamtown, there were still Sabres sitting on the tarmac.)

Another personal ‘Holden’ moment, when as a kid, getting excited about the release of the FB, then living long enough to see Holden signs being pulled down from showrooms.