Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Honey on toast and having a long moustache does not mix well.
I know the feeling. Every time I have a coffee I have to wipe my mow. I need a cut and beard trim but barber's want you to book four days ahead, over a week at the hairdresser.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Am I the only one who puts things in a safe place only to find that they have miraculously disappeared. Today was an example of this. I spent hours looking for the scuff plates for my vh. Two were found quite quickly. My wife found another one and after a few hours I found the other. I had gone into cardiac arrest after finding the price of new ones. After a bit of TLC they came up in a more than reasonable state. So all was not lost except for the time wasted.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
On the first Friday evening of each month they have a car show at a shopping centre in Ipswich. Quite a spread of makes from Australian, American and English. Having owned Jaguars for a number of years I still have a soft spot for those made between 1960 and 1980. I particularly like MK 2's, early E types mark one and two and XJC's. In their day they were good cars.

The only Jaguar or Daimler (Daimler grill and Jaguar badge on the back) depending on which end of the car you looked at was an XJC with an LS 3 motor To say I drooled would be an understatement. A marriage made in heaven.

Last edited:

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
On the first Friday evening of each month they have a car show at a shopping centre in Ipswich. Quite a spread of makes from Australian, American and English. Having owned Jaguars for a number of years I still have a soft spot for those made between 1960 and 1980. I particularly like MK 2's, early E types mark one and two and XJC's. In their day they were good cars.

The only Jaguar or Daimler (Daimler grill and Jaguar badge on the back) depending on which end of the car you looked at was an XJC with an LS 3 motor To say I drooled would be an understatement. A marriage made in heaven.
Is it still at Yamanto? Been years since I’ve been to that car show.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Need some new gas struts for the tailgate on the wife's Outlander so rang the local Mitsubishi dealer for a price.

Old mate: Need to get one from eastern states, probably a couple of weeks, and one from Japan, probably a couple of months. And that will be $600.

Me: Nah mate, I'm after tailgate struts, not suspension struts.

Old mate: Yeah.

o_O

Me: I'll leave it thanks.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Need some new gas struts for the tailgate on the wife's Outlander so rang the local Mitsubishi dealer for a price.

Old mate: Need to get one from eastern states, probably a couple of weeks, and one from Japan, probably a couple of months. And that will be $600.

Me: Nah mate, I'm after tailgate struts, not suspension struts.

Old mate: Yeah.

o_O

Me: I'll leave it thanks.
Can’t you just get generic gas struts for the Outlander?

BrettP75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais S1 6.0Ltr
Why are VF commodores selling fir $100k? And why on earth are W1’s going for over half a million dollars ?? I’m sick of hearing that because Holden closed that makes the cars rare??? Even if Holden were still around that wouldn’t make the VE any less rare? There are so many VE and Vf’s around I don’t know how you’d consider them rare?
like when you see a sexy AF VK Group A SS, that’s rare or even some hot VL’s etc but VE’s and VF’s are so plentiful I just don’t see why they are so bloody expensive now. 8 years ago I picked up my Series 1 VE Calais for $13.5k and now 8 years later they are going for more than that???
Crazy arsed times we live in.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
A W1 is still fairly rare?

At the end of the day the numbers of Holdens on the road will only decrease. I do agree though, prices have gone stupid. Any run if the mill model isn't really worth any more. Limit edition models is a different story though.