Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Red VZ

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I have never created a thread for the red VZ Crewman.
So now I am.

It's had a lot done to it over the years.

Recently replaced the fuel pump and accelerator pedal. Instantly solved years of low power and poor performance.

It has a strut brace, VE SSV Thunder 19's. Hard lid. Tub liner is carpeted. I use a MACE 24mm intake spacer. Apple Car Play is the best thing I've done. Sound proofed as best I can and sometimes I have to glance down at the taco to make sure the engine is still running. Black suede interior trims, including the roof. About to redo the roof lining over the next week or two.

SS door handles inside. Gloss Black trims inside. Black cluster surround and a Calais cluster, set up years ago by Envyous Customs.
SS Headlights. All provisions for fog lamps except for the front bar and fog lights.

I added a sunnies holder and rear courtesy lamps.
Interior lights are all LED.

Door trim pads are black suede.

I also trimmed the annoying panel on top of the dash with suede and that stopped the reflection.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Roof lining is out
17F952D4-999C-4559-B78F-8F13D52FA1DD.jpeg

99FC09DA-3E5B-4516-8342-85F306B35D77.jpeg

New stuff not as good quality fabric but is already foam backed and in the Cross8 you can’t tell the difference really once it’s in.

It gave way because I was lazy and trimmed over the old roof lining, which at the time was perfect. Then it did it’s thing and Bedouin tented itself.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Roof lining is out
View attachment 232228

View attachment 232227
New stuff not as good quality fabric but is already foam backed and in the Cross8 you can’t tell the difference really once it’s in.

It gave way because I was lazy and trimmed over the old roof lining, which at the time was perfect. Then it did it’s thing and Bedouin tented itself.
Hi Fu Whats with the silver paint on the wheel arches?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Fu Whats with the silver paint on the wheel arches?
When I bought it, it didn’t have a tub liner. Got one from Holden, and dropped it in. There were some scuffs and scratches in the paint and had some gun metal grey hammer finish paint. So threw that over the exposed metal. It’s not seen beneath the tub liner. That was back in 2014 I think. It’s done the job well. No rust. Doesn’t look great but it’s a hard wearing paint and it worked.

Just this week I painted the hooks and around them black so when the tub liner goes back in, they don’t stand out like the dogs preverbials.

VECalaisV8Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV Wagon
Roof lining is out
View attachment 232228

View attachment 232227

This stuff is great for a nice quite cabin, it has butyl rubber & closed cell foam in one, I did my wagon roof not long ago & was amazed at the result.
https://southeastcaraudio.com.au/co...roducts/53-8ft-pingjing-thermo-acoustic-liner

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got a cool email from Jason at Stick This.
He will be doing up a Crewman sticker in the style of Sandman.

If anyone is interested in them, let me know. I have to pay a design fee, which is fare enough, but once created, would be a nice addition for Crewman owners and hopefully available on his website for others to buy. $20-$30ea I’m guessing.

3855C265-D5B6-4E03-B9EE-5104D5F69667.jpeg

3CDD3486-4E0C-4B9F-8D72-F199E83635B7.jpeg

I’ll be getting this colour made up. Maybe with light grey instead of the white in the outline.

Not sure who of you it was that suggested this business, but clearly there was a reason why. The range of designs he has is brilliant.

I’ll be getting the HQ Monaro boot lid stripes from him for the hard lid. That’s getting painted satin black and the Monaro stripes will be gloss black. That won’t likely go on this car though. It will go on the Cross8.

*Edit: It was crazy kiwi @Deuce

Last edited: