Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Red VZ

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
He went over his VE Calais (we both used have them) at his work the other week. He had let his go a bit too. He drove into the street and it looked better than when it was new. Ceramic coated as well.

The VE is still a beautiful looking car when cared for and unmolested. I think it’s dated the best of any commodore.

Of course my fav is still the VZ.

We were talking over a beer and he sort of said I should get into it and why. Life has been far to hectic.

I’ve really enjoyed it. I used to do it for a job and always kept my cars looking tip top. Except the $500 HX (or HZ, I don’t recall) panel van because it was a heap of **** that just kept going.

I’m a bit sore. But a good sore.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
This is the Oberk. Old mate here does pretty good objective reviews.

This matched my results.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got more done on her Friday and Saturday.

No swirls on any panels other than bonnet and roof but have explained why. I’m not explaining it again.

IMG_5844.jpeg

The hard lid.

IMG_5843.jpeg

Front wheel.

Now I want to get the wheels off to clean the back. Will be doing that when I replace the rack ends. Mud flaps painted satin black PPG epoxy enamel. Takes anything. Callipers sprayed in silver and wheel well plastics painted satin black epoxy. I wanted a satin grey for the calliper's but can’t find that anywhere.

IMG_5842.jpeg

Rear wheel

Did that on the back and they are easy to keep clean now. Tyres done with Maguiars Endurance gel. Only thing I use and have always used, or so it seems. Maybe 20years? I don’t know. Bloody long time. This is fresh but tomorrow it won’t look glossy. It will soak in and be a satin finish on the tyre. Lasts ages too. Maybe a couple of months. Something like that.

IMG_5840.jpeg

The side of the tub.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
IMG_5783.jpeg

The wiper cowl is all done now in satin black epoxy.
Much tidier, easier to clean, and looks like new plastic.

Also those wipers are better than the flappy blades everyone wants to have 30 pages of BS about in the VE section.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
First rain in months here. Maybe October? So it’s not been rained on since I coated the car.

IMG_6360.jpeg

The hardlid.

IMG_6359.jpeg

The roof that used to look like a lost cause.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
It was getting dusty as, and then it rained and I didn’t even have to wash it. It’s just clean.