Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

*The Rep Thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
the rep system is crap its open to abuse and even the mods dont care or fix ppls problems
get rid of it

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
i havnt been given good or bad rep for ages... and before that it was like 2 yrs lol

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I'd be happy to see it gone, all people do is abuse it and whinge about it. Some of the really dodgy comments I will take action on but if we took action against everyone abusing the system everyone would be up in arms whinging what nazis we are and half the members would be banned lol.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
the rep system is crap its open to abuse and even the mods dont care or fix ppls problems
get rid of it

:rofl:

Care to show where we dont care or dont fix it? I suppose you see how much rep we delete and edit?

Sorry, but you are so far from wrong on this that it is hilarious to even see such a stupid comment like you have made.

Just more rubbish talk

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Most of my rep points come from technical feedback or advice. Have only received one neg which arose from personality clash - otherwise I try to avoid them.

I support the existing system and only use if for its intended purpose. I wouldn't like to see it abolished. And there are members on this forum whose rep points have real value - those who have shown themselves to be above average with the quality and depth of their knowledge and experience. When you get a rep from them, it really means something.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
:rofl:

Care to show where we dont care or dont fix it? I suppose you see how much rep we delete and edit?

Sorry, but you are so far from wrong on this that it is hilarious to even see such a stupid comment like you have made.

Just more rubbish talk

I hope you neg-repped him for that ;)

Daron, I'm just a pleb and even I have some idea how much time these guys spend dealing with peoples requests to have dodgy rep amended. You're really miles off the mark.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Most of my rep points come from technical feedback or advice. Have only received one neg which arose from personality clash - otherwise I try to avoid them.

I support the existing system and only use if for its intended purpose. I wouldn't like to see it abolished. And there are members on this forum whose rep points have real value - those who have shown themselves to be above average with the quality and depth of their knowledge and experience. When you get a rep from them, it really means something.

In theory, yes. Personally I'd say about 50% of my rep is from informative contributions, the other 50% is from humorous posts.

The problem with it, like others have mentioned, is the abuse, and the lack of transparency. People have no way of knowning what the basis of my rep is without reading all my posts.

Perhaps if it was like eBay seller ratings, and there were different criteria you could rate people on "Entertaining", "Informative", "Insightful", etc then it would give a better idea of what people earn rep for (or even just making rep comments visible to all). IMO there also needs to be a ban system just for rep, to stop repeat offenders.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
Just a quick question, where does it show what rep rank you are?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Status
Not open for further replies.