Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

*The Rep Thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
There are alot of threads about the reputation points system on JC.

This is just a friendly reminder about giving out reputation to people who give good information to anyone in need of help.

If you do recieve good advice from a JC member in one of the many threads on JC and you have been a JC member for 3 months, Please feel free to give a little in return by repping the person/people who kindly give out the helpful info.

I am one of those people who check peoples reputation status and decide weather or not that person is a "tool"
People with reputation under "Exuctive" for example are more than likely a tool.
Where say advice given from a person with a "GTO" status has obviously deserved the points given to them and I would be glad to use their advise.

Everyone seems to neglect the rep system lately so I hope this thread helps to spread it around some more:)

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Well said mate,i give at leaset 2 poz reps when im on.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Oh trust me, people aren't neglecting the rep system, its being abused more than ever for pointless rep's.

I'd rather see it gone and see the thanks system come back in.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
i received feedback for a how to thread but its only a little grey box. How can someone give neutral rep? Looks like a mod has changed it for something.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Oh trust me, people aren't neglecting the rep system, its being abused more than ever for pointless rep's.

Seems like an idea. Should get onto Darren about it.
And yes lately it has been getting abused. People who abuse the system should have that privilege taken from them.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute

thanks system? whats was that minux?

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
i received feedback for a how to thread but its only a little grey box. How can someone give neutral rep? Looks like a mod has changed it for something.

I'm not as up date with all the rep stuff as I used to be but I think grey square indicates that it was rep left by a person with no reputation power, so it won't change your rep status either way. It certainly wasn't a mod screwing around with it, I have a few grey squares myself :)

I don't take the rep system seriously, it means diddly squat so many members abuse it, if you guys could read 90% of the rep people leave u would know what I am talking about:whistling:

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Where say advice given from a person with a "GTO" status has obviously deserved the points given to them and I would be glad to use their advise.

To true :p

The rep system is a good idea, BUT I really dont think its used practically.

Majority of my Positive rep is from posting something funny, I cant remember the last time I got rep for a technical post.

All my negative rep is either from someone who held a grudge, or from someone who didnt get my sense of humour. I can only remember one neg rep i got for a technical post, and it was me asking a question and I got neg repped for it lol.

Maybe it could become like the post counter, and only applicable to be given in the technical parts and not the pub/jokes section?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Status
Not open for further replies.