Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Research and Development Thread!!

rossymond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS SPORTWAGON - ORDERED!
For sure mate I am interested in the updates. I am a tech head by trade so all this **** fascinates me. Would be keen to get involved as things progress if required :)

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
For sure mate I am interested in the updates. I am a tech head by trade so all this **** fascinates me. Would be keen to get involved as things progress if required :)

As with anything I work on, I always look for testers!. I always provide software for free to testers, just gotta keep an eye out for any new threads I open up for software.

The main software development for the VF's will be backed off for a while as Im developing a custom scantool that will cover the entire Holden range (VR-VF) (expect VN currently). And will be basing all new software's on the new scantool.

Will then look into combining all previous software's into one massive application. :beer chug:

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Just out of interest, have you seen this youtube channel
No real info is given which is a shame.
Yeah seen those!. Already figured the VF cluster stuff out, plus more then what he has shown there. Looks like he still has got a bit to still learn there.
And the mylink HSV logo update is no problem either, doesnt appear he has done anything else of significance with the mylink.

My key aim on the mylink will be a VIM (Vehicle in motion) enabler and also an EDI kit. And... maybe... my own custom EDI interface.

Have had my own VE EDI kit in my ute for a while now, and am extremely happy with how it all works. Ute went in for a service the other day, and had the whole Holden crew confused on how it had the EDI screen up :rofl2:

The VF EDI kit will be next, but.. will have to invest into purchasing a VF to be able to test it.... which isnt exactly very cheap to do!
The VF VIM fix will also be a custom plugin module as well, but again.. will need a VF.

Theres a few softwares I want completed/updated and available first before I continue anymore on the VE/VF side of things.
But once they are finished and out, the kits that will be available will include:

-VZ Reset ECU or VZ security sets (for the dreaded dead VZ V6 ecus!)
-VE Full Series2 IQ Conversion inc fully programmed and ready to go.
-VE Series2 reverse camera kit including plug-n-play programming module
-VE EDI kit
-VE RSE or DVD kit
-VE VIM enabler plug-n-play programming module
-VF TPMS enable
-VF EDI kit
-VF VIM kit

And theres a bunch more! But the above is the main ones Im looking forward to getting out!

rossymond

Reaction score
Members Ride
Interesting stuff. So is the cluster software stored separately on the cluster itself?

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Interesting stuff. So is the cluster software stored separately on the cluster itself?
Ah you lost me a bit there.. do you mean are the cluster's settings/configurations stored on the cluster? If thats what you meant then yes, every module in the VF has its own 'settings' and configuration stored inside the module it self.

rossymond

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry, that was a terribly worded reply. Yes thats what I was getting at.

The VF software seems to be similar same across the board and that certain features are either on or off. I have seen a couple of companies who have managed to unlock certain features on the VF Clusters. I was curious as to if that was re-flashing the software or just making other pages available by other means. I'm assuming you have come across this yourself.

The IQ system in the VE people have been able to make some awesome changes, I guess that will come with time on the VF units.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Sorry, that was a terribly worded reply. Yes thats what I was getting at.

The VF software seems to be similar same across the board and that certain features are either on or off. I have seen a couple of companies who have managed to unlock certain features on the VF Clusters. I was curious as to if that was re-flashing the software or just making other pages available by other means. I'm assuming you have come across this yourself.

The IQ system in the VE people have been able to make some awesome changes, I guess that will come with time on the VF units.

Thats alright!.

Most things for the clusters are a matter of "turning on a switch", where settings are simply turned on and off.
This is what I worked on before whereby turning on various other menus such as lap timings, Boost menu ect ect. Sounds easy just "flicking a switch", but theres alot that goes on behind scenes with reverse engineering algorithms and the unbelievably vast amount of time spent testing and working out what everything does.

Reflashing the complete cluster software is simply to upgrade the cluster to the latest version which may include updated fuel calibrations ect.

The VF mylink.. is a completely different ball game though. Theres not much I can see that can be done other then adding the VF HSV EDI to non EDI vehicles or changing the startup logo to a HSV logo. Other then that, the mylink is all round a great media interface.