Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Research and Development Thread!!

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
So this is the new one where the software is licensed to the cable not the pc? And no time limit on software life?
The link provided before is the current kit I provide which will allow clearing your airbag. It is the ALDL Cable and application "SRS Diagnostic Tool"(SDT). If all you are after is that, then thats all you need.

No new kits have been released.

My previous post here was referring to a new cable I have been working on with my U.S colleague to be used with the two free tuning applications LSDroid and PCMHammer.

vk4akp

Starfire, Fear V Power!!
Reaction score
Website
shazam.zapto.org
Members Ride
2004 VY2 - Commodore Wagon,VC Commodore (Starfire)
So will there be a "SRS Diagnostic Tool"(SDT) version that can be locked to a ALDL cable from you for it's licencing instead of locked to the computer? If so what sort of time line?

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
So will there be a "SRS Diagnostic Tool"(SDT) version that can be locked to a ALDL cable from you for it's licencing instead of locked to the computer? If so what sort of time line?
Unfortunately not, that is still the original software which locks to the computer.

There is no ETA/time line on new software or tools.

But as explained previously, all my available time has been working with my colleague for developing a tool to suit tuning LS1 vehicle with the free applications LS Droid and PCMHammer.

Rod Hetherington

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS 5.7
I see this device OBDX Pro VT was for sale
As of March 2020, the following devices are supported, with the following known issues:
  • OBDX Pro VT - This device is the brain-child of two PCM Hammer collaborators (Tazzi & PeteS) who thought they could build something with the high speed of an AVT or J2534 device, at the price point of an ObdLink device. Fortunately for the rest of us, they were right. You can buy one here: http://obdxpro.com
I figure this was a test run? Are we close to this magical tuning device being available?

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
I see this device OBDX Pro VT was for sale
I figure this was a test run? Are we close to this magical tuning device being available?

Sure is, available directly from www.obdxpro.com

Works with the LS1 flashing applications called PCMHammer and the android application LSDroid.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
They are still outta stock for Australia, been checking it regularly and nada.
I put stock up today, and sold out within the hour :rolleyes:

Pete (My U.S colleague) and I are frantically trying to get more parts and stock in but shipping has been absolutely killing us.

I have another 25+boards here but waiting on more parts to come in.

I will be updated the website with a wait list for people to join, so when I update stock, they can be notified instantly.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Yea shipping delays and cost atm would be a nightmare.

Explains why i haven't seen them in stock lol since i only check every couple of days.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
On a posit
Yea shipping delays and cost atm would be a nightmare.

Explains why i haven't seen them in stock lol since i only check every couple of days.

Its horrendous at the moment. Anything going overseas has to be by DHL, TNT or Fedex.
I still have some other items Iv been waiting on since March!