Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Research and Development Thread!!

caaf

Reaction score
Website
www.aurfscan.com.au
Members Ride
VYII Equipe S/wagon V6
I do love how everyone is so keen but FFS let the man work his crazy 18-20 hour days.. The one thing I can assure with Tazzl is he'll be more than happy to let the world know when everything has settled and ready. There's just no need to bump the thread with "Expected ETA's and "Any chance of an update". When Tazzl's ready to share, he's proven that he'll update ect..

Keep up the super human work Tazzl, your focus, drive and enthusiasm has and always will be impressive!

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
I do love how everyone is so keen but FFS let the man work his crazy 18-20 hour days.. The one thing I can assure with Tazzl is he'll be more than happy to let the world know when everything has settled and ready. There's just no need to bump the thread with "Expected ETA's and "Any chance of an update". When Tazzl's ready to share, he's proven that he'll update ect..

I just like poking him with a stick for shits and giggles, i know how busy he is with his stupid amount of work hours he does :p

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Hahah. The calls have eased up over the last couple weeks in regards to it as I had to tell everyone that the project is on the back burners currently.

Its still being worked on, but Im only getting a couple hours every couple days to work on it. So its gone painfully slow with day to day tasks taking up majority of my time.

vk4akp

Starfire, Fear V Power!!
Reaction score
Website
shazam.zapto.org
Members Ride
2004 VY2 - Commodore Wagon,VC Commodore (Starfire)
I couldn't wait any longer so I just ordered one from the USA. Should arrive next week. AU$161 including express post. Is Bluetooth + USB. Also has a monitoring port for adding extra accessories not normally in the car or on the ALDL bus. :) .-.-.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Sorry on the slow updates!

The new cable has been delayed (As always) with day to day work. Contract work for R&D on various other things.. which has eaten up all the free time I have had to work on it.

Im itching to back back to it though!!

vk4akp

Starfire, Fear V Power!!
Reaction score
Website
shazam.zapto.org
Members Ride
A quick update. My interface turned up the other day and it's a fantastic piece of kit. I've already used it to download my ECU bin (via USB) and identified which one it is. I've also installed and ran ALDLdroid from Bluetooth.
But now I could do with some advice on what and how to use a lot of the software. This is all very new to me and I expect it to be a hell of a learning curve.
But anyhow anyone needing an interface in the mean time until the .AU one is designed I can tell you that the USA one works a treat and although far too expensive by the time you pay exchange rates and freight for me it's been a necessary evil to avoid waiting what could be another year or two.
.-.-.

vk4akp

Starfire, Fear V Power!!
Reaction score
Website
shazam.zapto.org
Members Ride
Interested in what your using?

Sounds like its just a bluetooth ALDL cable? If thats the case, then it is alot of money for a device which doesnt come with its own dedicated software.

Bluetooth + USB. Does both. And yes as I've already mentioned, far too much money as previously stated. But I waited a year and even that was a year too long. I needed a solution so bought it. Car has issues that should have been looked into far too many months ago. Software, well I'll just have to learn how to use the free stuff in the mean time plus I also bought the ALDLdroid App.

When the U-Beaut .AU version comes out I'll still most likely be interested. Unless of course the whole world has gone EV by then! ;)

.-.-.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Bluetooth + USB. Does both. And yes as I've already mentioned, far too much money as previously stated. But I waited a year and even that was a year too long. I needed a solution so bought it. Car has issues that should have been looked into far too many months ago. Software, well I'll just have to learn how to use the free stuff in the mean time plus I also bought the ALDLdroid App.

When the U-Beaut .AU version comes out I'll still most likely be interested. Unless of course the whole world has gone EV by then! ;)

.-.-.
Completely understand! No problem!

The USB ALDL cable kit I supply would have done what you needed there as well, along with coming with AED (Advanced Engine Diagnostics) for viewing live data also. Obviously not bluetooth, so you do get the benefit of bluetooth connection for smartphones so least you can tinker with ALDLdroid! Personally havent used it so interested to hear your thoughts about it!