Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Research and Development Thread!!

vk4akp

Starfire, Fear V Power!!
Reaction score
Website
shazam.zapto.org
Members Ride
2004 VY2 - Commodore Wagon,VC Commodore (Starfire)
So what does the VX Nano J2534 Cost?

And a link please to the correct item?

I had a quick look online searching that key phrase and am currently unsure what and where to buy to be sure of the correct product?

I have been procrastinating some time over buying some of your current software to deal with an SRS error due to the current licencing format locking it into what would now be a 5+ year old laptop for me.
Will there be the ability to lock it into the VX Nano J2534 interface now instead?

My two cars are 2004 VY2 V6 Wagon Auto's. For reference. I take it the interface suits?

Tnx.

Bit of an update!
Iv made the executive decision to support TWO scantools which will be the ALDL cable and the VX Nano J2534 scantool. These will be the future tools used for all my software. Eventually if the unicorn tool is ever built, it can be added to the application supported tools.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
....So whats next!?! I think its about time to begin development again and finally have software which will do VR through to VF under one application!!

Hi, will this work for both V6 and V8?

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
So what does the VX Nano J2534 Cost?
Until I open communication with the manufactures, I wont know about cost. It will likely be heavily reliant on the quantity that I purchase, I am hoping the MOQ (Minimum order quantity) isn't too silly.

My two cars are 2004 VY2 V6 Wagon Auto's. For reference. I take it the interface suits?
Ah yes I almost forgot to talk about that, the licensing!
So.. brand new licensing will be coming out. It will be tied to the diagnostic cable instead of the computer. This means any computer can be used so long as the licensed cable is used.

For your VY V6's, you will be able to get away with just an ALDL cable for all parts of the car. The one software will do everything.

Hi, will this work for both V6 and V8?
Sure will! The software will be suited for VR through to VF for all engine/transmission combinations.

I made a quick diagram below showing which cable does what on each model commodore under the new software:
- Green is for ALDL
- Yellow is for Nano
- Blue means depending on engine
- Grey mean not applicable
Support.PNG

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
YAY!

Does the new software mean ill need to buy a new ALDL cable off you if its locked to the cable? because i already have the one i brought off you years ago :p so not sure if that will suffice or not haha.

Also one option Ive been looking for is the option to turn off the double unlock function that i found the Chinese knock off tech 2s have (make it so 1 press unlocks both/all 4 doors instead of having to press it twice) so will that be in the new software or too much effort for little gain?

Last edited:

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
View attachment 208017
YAY!

Does the new software mean ill need to buy a new ALDL cable off you if its locked to the cable? because i already have the one i brought off you years ago :p so not sure if that will suffice or not haha.

Also one option Ive been looking for is the option to turn off the double unlock function that i found the Chinese knock off tech 2s have (make it so 1 press unlocks both/all 4 doors instead of having to press it twice) so will that be in the new software or too much effort for little gain?

I am working on trying to utilize the current ALDL cables with the new software. If not a new revision of ALDL cables will be produced to support the new cable licensing system. I may require old gen ALDL Cables sent in for an update to be supported.
My main aim is to ensure licensing is tied to the cable, thats being made as priority 1.

Yeah that will be a BCM related configuration change which should be easy enough to have in there. I quite literally have hundreds of documents of research and develop on modules from VR to VFs. I haven't stopped doing R&D even though there hasn't been new software released. ;)

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Cool, i turned off the 2 stage unlock on mine when i borrowed a mates tech2 knock off the play with, but my other 2 cars still have it on and he has since sold it so it bugs the hell outta me rofl.

Well i can stop posting skeleton pictures for now on this thread haha.

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
Cool, i turned off the 2 stage unlock on mine when i borrowed a mates tech2 knock off the play with, but my other 2 cars still have it on and he has since sold it so it bugs the hell outta me rofl.

Well i can stop posting skeleton pictures for now on this thread haha.
isnt it programmable through dash? geez been 13 years since i left the trade cant remember everything i used to know.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
isnt it programmable through dash? geez been 13 years since i left the trade cant remember everything i used to know.
its an option in the VY/VZ but not in the VT/VU/VX that im aware of.

Dirbatua is onto it, its an option in VY/VZ but not in the older models.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Ok! Making progress. Have begun compiling everything related to ALDL (OBD1) into the new application NVS. I have been successful in using ALDL cables with the licensing, it does require some programming but they can be utilized now. Anyone with a preexisting ALDL Cable from 2016 and onwards is supported.

In other news, I have also been successful recently with a colleague from the U.S in building a new cable, our first design, which is to be used with the free LS1 V8 tuning software (PCM Hammer) has recently just been completed, and is even assembled at the factory for us. It has been our goal from day one to make it affordable to the average joe which is exactly what we have achieved.

To add to the above, we have just got a very basic prototype running which is affordable and supports the major protocols. What makes this different from my original cable, is it is cheaper, fits into a premade case and is professionally assembled to ensure professional finish. Since I have done 99% of the coding leg work already in my old design, I am able to port across alot of the code to the new design fairly easily. And to top it all off, I have added the capability of firmware updates, which means I can add in new capabilities in future updates!

Lots happening around here!