Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Research and Development Thread!!

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Can already do that with the body diagnostics software that he's already made :) if you need it quicker :p

https://www.envyouscustoms.com/diagnostics/softwares/body-diagnostics/
I think he is holding off until the new software with the flexible licensing setup.

As much as I would like to start off with development for the VX nano first for all the newer cars, I figured compiling everything for VR to VY for the older vehicles (Everything on ALDL) for the ALDL cable will be better as the cables are readily available.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
So does the VX Nano J2534 scantool also do ALDL if one just wants to get the "Do everything" cable option?
Unfortunately not, it does not support ALDL even though Iv tried to offer all my help and information to the devs to add it.

Hence the need to support the ALDL Cable.

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
Well, i've got a couple of ideas for RD on the software front.

With the advent of Android head units finally making their way to VE and VF commodores, would we be seeing an Android version of Software on ELM street? I'd love to be able to help develop the design of the interface for this.
And for said android version, I'd also love to see an Android service that can control the display on the SID above the dashboard on Series 1s.

I'm also working on a throttle body spacer which will add some NPT expandability (allowing people to add Bimodals to their VE V6s) but a control box that can be operated from an Android head unit would also be pretty beast.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Well, i've got a couple of ideas for RD on the software front.

With the advent of Android head units finally making their way to VE and VF commodores, would we be seeing an Android version of Software on ELM street? I'd love to be able to help develop the design of the interface for this.
And for said android version, I'd also love to see an Android service that can control the display on the SID above the dashboard on Series 1s.

I'm also working on a throttle body spacer which will add some NPT expandability (allowing people to add Bimodals to their VE V6s) but a control box that can be operated from an Android head unit would also be pretty beast.
Love the idea but development time at the moment is extremely limited so wont be doing any android development for a while.

All my time has been towards development of a LS1 scantool to suit freeware LS1 tuning software called LSDroid and PCMHammer. :)

vk4akp

Starfire, Fear V Power!!
Reaction score
Website
shazam.zapto.org
Members Ride
2004 VY2 - Commodore Wagon,VC Commodore (Starfire)
22nd September 2015 (Almost 5 years ago) :O
Can someone please point me to the >>BUY IT NOW!<< Button for the ALDL Serialised cable and software?
I'm concerned I might own a Tesla B4 I am able to reset my VY2 AirBag's. ;) :p